Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Days.....

Summer is down for another nap.... 

I start back to school today.  I am taking my 2nd to last class before I graduate with my Master's degree.  I was going to finish this semester, but in order to get insurance for another year, I have to go to school next semester.  I am sad to be leaving her 2 nights a week, but I am sure Clint will do a great job taking care of her.  Hopefully, she will get a good nap in and wake up rested and ready to play with him. 

Let's see.......where to start.  I really don't have Summer on a schedule yet, but I am starting to work on it.  Right now it is more like she has me on a schedule....HERS.  I started feeding her cereal in a bottle with my breast milk before she goes to bed hoping that she will sleep longer (hopefully all night...keep your fingers crossed for me :)  ) and then finishing the feeding on my breast.  This was my mom's suggestion so I hope it works.  Today will be my 3rd day of this.  She went 5 hours the first night and 6 last night.  So, I only had to get up at 2:00 last night to feed her.  Then I fed her again around 6:45 and just stayed up since I was going to have to get up at 8:00 anyway.  I have been feeding her the bottle with cereal around 8:00 or 8:30 p.m. which is earlier than I would like.  Tonight I will try to do it later if possible.  She doesn't have a regular eating schedule at all.  Sometimes it is 2 hours; sometimes it is three or four.  I am really enjoying breastfeeding though.  I feel like we really bond during this time. 

My dad came in for a visit this past weekend.  It was the first time he has seen Summer.  She was 7 weeks old on Saturday, and we spent part of the day with family at my Aunt Sandra's house and the rest at home.  We had a good visit, but it went by way too fast.  Summer and I dropped him off at the shuttle yesterday around 5:15 p.m.  He got to feed her part of a bottle while we were waiting for the shuttle to leave.  I was sad to see him go, but he will be back for a longer visit in September.    The baby is up and again and itis time for me to leave.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad breastfeeding is going well for you. It did not work out for us, but Sloan is as happy as can be on the bottle, which makes me happy too. It looks like she is getting big and she is beautiful! TTYL