Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dancing the Night Away

Last night Clint and I went to my cousin Lindsay's wedding. It was really pretty...of course. I had the "job" of standing by the guest book as people arrived. About 15 minutes into my hour long duty, the baby started kicking my bladder with everything she had. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it through the hour without taking a bathroom break, but lucky for me, she stopped kicking me after about 5 minutes. :) We had a really good time at the reception. It was the first time, at least that I can recall, since I have been pregnant that we got to dance the night away. It was so much fun. It started off kind of slow with a bunch of Frank Sinatra music...and NOONE dancing. During this time, they did play the song that Clint and I danced our first dance to as a married couple..."At Last" by Etta James. So, we got up and danced to that, but we had forgotten almost all of the steps we learned a little over a year and a half ago. It brought back good memories of our wedding day. Anyway, after the cake was cut, they started playing A LOT better music. I danced until my belly started hurting, and then Clint and I sat down to rest for a few songs. One slow song we danced to, I can't remember which one, was really memorable for me. Towards the end of the song, I put my back to Clint's stomach and he held my stomach...it really was a special feeling for me having him holding me and our baby until the end of the song. I told Clint we need to start crashing weddings so we can dance more often. We used to go to clubs and dance before I was pregnant, but now I find those places a little too smokey. I think Clint actually agreed and thought it would be fun...I doubt we actually have the guts to do it though. One last thing before I go....this morning when we woke up and were lying in bed, Clint said, "You have pretty eyes." I was like...you can't see them my eyes are closed. And, he said that he remembered what they looked like last night. It was pretty sweet...and a great start to my day!!!

No comments: