Tuesday, January 17, 2006

23 weeks and counting...

Today Clint and I went to the doctor for our monthly appointment.  Everything looked good.  My blood pressure was 108/66, and I weighed 138.  If you start counting from where I was when I found out I was pregnant, that means I have gained 7 pounds.  I'm not going to start counting from the weight I got down to in October...that number does not sound nearly as good.  I am hoping to keep my weight to somewhere around 150 by the end of the pregnancy, but we'll see if I can stop eating so much junk constantly.  The doctor also said he did not see any stretch marks yet...I already knew that...I look for them everyday.  It was funny though because Clint said, "You don't get those until after the baby is born anyway."  That was pretty funny.  I guess men really don't know a lot about pregnancy.  I know he doesn't read all the stuff I do, so I can't really expect him to know things I've just learned myself (even though I already knew you get stretch marks at anytime...not just after the baby comes).  It is good that they don't know everything and even better that they don't try to pretend they do when it comes to pregnancy...at least he doesn't pretend he does.  I am so lucky to have him.  He has been very supportive of me so far and has not complained once about going to the doctor with me.  I guess he just knows I expect him to since he doesn't have anything else to do anyway.  We go back again on February 24 or 25 for my diabetes test. 

Okay, so enough about the doctor visit.  I wanted to tell everyone about the baby.  She has been moving so much.  On the way to the visit, I had to pee really bad and she was relentless in her kicking.  I kept asking her to stop because I had to pee, but she wasn't listening.  Then I told Clint he needed to give her a spanking and he was like, "She doesn't know any better."  So, I went with that a little bit and was like so if she gets markers and starts drawing on the walls, you are gonna be like, "She didn't know any better."  It was fun teasing him.  Anyways, back to the baby moving all the time.  Sunday night we were laying in bed watching Desparate Housewives (the best show in the world...along with 24).  I decided to pull up my shirt and watch and see if I could see the baby move...since I could definitely feel her moving and everyone has been asking me if I could see it yet.  So, I sat there a minute and then I saw it...my belly moved.  Today, she has been kicking a lot and so every now and then my belly moves too.  I talked to my friend Alicia today, and she said she can finally feel her baby move too.  She is about 3 weeks behind me.  I remember when I first felt her move.  It was just once or twice a day and now it is almost every hour.  It is amazing how fast she is growing and how fast my body is changing.  I must admit, I do like the way I have felt now that my pregnancy is visible.  At first, I was scared of what it would be like.  I thought I would feel "fat", but instead I just feel pregnant.  I must admit, lying in bed at night watching TV is not as comfortable as it was a month ago.  I can only imagine how uncomfortable it will be in another month.  Oh well, I guess I have rambled on enough for now.

No comments: