Sunday, January 23, 2011

Swimming lessons

I can't believe my little girl will be 5 years old in a few months. I've mentioned her birthday party to her, but we haven't decided on anything yet. I know we will be doing it early due to a vacation. I am soooo ready for the vacation. The main reason Summer is in swimming lessons right now is because we will have a pool in our backyard for a month, and I want her to be able to swim or at least have some basic water survival skills. Her last lesson was definitely her best. She was not happy to have to go to 3 lessons this week to make up a snow day. The first two days we went she was upset and not happy at all to be there. She really does not want to put her face in the water or go underwater at all for that matter. The last few classes, we have tried goggles and they seem to be helping her to loosen up and relax. Now if only we can get her to keep them on. The other little girl has always happily worn goggles, but she pulls them off everytime she finishes a task. I guess at that age it is hard to just leave them on for more than a few minutes. By the end of the last lesson, she was smiling and seemed more confident and relaxed. I hope this week she doesn't dread going, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

We are visiting two schools this week. I am nervous, but excited. I don't know which one I want her to go to more at this point, but maybe after the tours I will have a better idea. It really depends on where she is accepted too. I know there is limited space at least one of the schools. We might possibly have to add other schools to our list, but I really hope not. Here's hoping for happy school hunting!

No comments: