Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MRI Jitters

Well, my stomach is in a thousand knots this morning. Summer is on the couch watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and complaining of hunger. I really didn't expect it to start this early, but it is almost 9 a.m. We stayed up late last night and I got her to eat around 10:30 so that maybe she wouldn't wake up hungry. Unfortunately, that did not happen. "I can't not eat. I'm going to eat. I have to eat." Yep, that's what she just walked in here and told me. First, she asked me what time her scan was and I told her not for 2 1/2 more hours. This is not going to be a fun day. "If I don't eat, then I'll die. I need to eat right now." Oh my. I don't think I'll be repeating this appointment time for an MRI. I'll just have to insist on earlier next time.

Yesterday, we spent the whole day together which really isn't unusual. I had planned on going for a bike ride, but the tires on my bike were flat. Just my luck (at least lately). So instead, she rode her bike around the garage. She and her daddy raced from one end to the other. Then we headed to the dollar store and post office to fill and send a package to our chemo patient (we are chemo angels). Summer picked a reindeer decoration for the lady. Of course, she just had to have a snowflake globe that had a light up nativity in it for her self. She still has not perfected the art of just giving, but I'm trying to help her. We made some ornaments for a Christmas present, and she had to have two for herself. We made candle/pen holders which luckily she didn't put up a fight about giving away. She really enjoyed doing the crafts and I hope we will do lots more in the weeks ahead. We also watched some Christmas movies and Miley Cyrus's new movie "The Last Song." I don't know if she understood it (the dad dies of cancer), but it hit a little close to home in my book. It was still a good movie though and Summer and I just sang the song at the end of the movie together. I guess it's a good thing we both have some Miley on our Ipods.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry you have this uncertainty hanging over you about the scans. I'm praying....

ashleyjnc said...

Would love to have an update.. to find out how miss summer's scans came out.