Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Remembering precious moments

Summer has been collecting money to fill up a bank she made in vacation Bible school. She wants to give the money to Jesus. I think she thinks that someone at our church is actually Jesus. She told me her cousins did not have a Jesus at their church. I'm not sure who she actually thinks Jesus is because I haven't asked her specifically. But, I'm leaning towards the preacher or the music minister. I want to wait and see what she does when she fills it up before I set her straight or at least attempt to. It is clear that she does not have a full understanding of the Bible and the story it shares. But, neither do I. I think I understand the message of Jesus was to spread love and help others. And, that is what I want to pass on to my daugther. How to give and not worry about receiving. We've quite a ways to go, but she is now offering her art creations up to others so they can have some too. She told me that this morning.

First thing out of bed today, she was ready to paint a magnet from a new kit she got as a late birthday present from my aunt. She picked the turtle and painted away. When she was finished, I noticed she had left the shell white (the color of the material). I mentioned it to her and she said she wanted it to be more "colorish" so that is why she left it white. Now she knows what colorful means.

This past week we had friends in town. They had a boy around the age of 10 with them. He and Summer and Katie all kept each other entertained. I hardly saw her at all because she was too busy to come and sit in my lap and cuddle. But, that's okay because I had my hands full with Lexie. When Summer saw Lexie in my lap, she did gravitate my way a little more. But, she was mostly playing with the older kids. It is amazing how well she fit in with them. They are all good kids though. They played in the kiddie pool and hot tub. Cameron worked on perfecting the slip-n-slide for maximum speed. Summer went down on my back a few times. Lexie laid on a float, and I went down with her. The grass had just been cut so we were all pretty grassy, especially if you wiped out. But, that just meant waterhose fun and more smiles. Summer is definitely becoming more independent. The thumb is still there though. So is Teddy.

Do you know how hard it is to walk around the house with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old on your legs? Not quite impossible, but 60 extra pounds is a lot of dead weight. Lexie alone is actually pretty easy though if she can hang on. The two of them love to crawl all over and tackle me too. They have learned to share my lap, although Summer still wants it all. It feels good to have a couple cling-ons or snuggle bugs. Of course, I wouldn't want them hanging on my 24/7. But, you know you're doing something right when they are happily snuggling in your arms, head on your shoulders. These are priceless times for me.

5 comments:

Summer said...

How sweet she is filling up her piggy bank for Jesus! I am anxious to hear who she thinks Jesus is! You will have to tell that one! What a cutie she is! I love watching little ones praise Jesus and God, sing bible songs and resite there bible verses warms my heart! I am so glad Summer is having a great Summer

xoxo
Summer :0)

Susie said...

I am glad to see that you are getting to spend precious time with your daughter and granddaughter.They are great memories to remember.

Kristi said...

That is so adorable! It's precious that she is on the look-out for Jesus. Sounds like she has a tender heart for Him. It's wonderful to encourage her to get to know Jesus in a real and personal way. Here is a great website that answers Bible questions for kids: http://www.gqkidz.org/.

I love that you are so involved with the girls. You're a very special lady!

Anonymous said...

What amazing girl you have!! Please know that we are praying for you all.

God bless


Debbie/Angel_Wings

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ohhh.... They are priceless, for sure. Glad you're soaking them up!