Friday, January 22, 2010

Big girl

Today, after our shower, she said, "I want you to carry my like a big girl."

Yep, she's growing up. Yesterday after our shower, and almost every other one before that, she said, "I want you to carry me like a baby."

She's all dressed up like a big girl too in her frilly skirt, shiny shirt and tights. Who knows what the day will bring, but we've already changed two of her bears clothes and practiced tracing letters....and showered. I am thinking that since she is such a big girl, we might get her a game of her own for the Wii. She is really wanting Littlest Pet Shop, but I don't want to fork out $30 or $40 and have her not play it. We will probably check out our local resale store and try to find it or something else a little more pocketbook friendly. :) Of course my girl says, "Just go to Target and get it." The funny thing about that is we rarely ever go to Target. She must not realize they sell them at Wal-mart too. She doesn't really have a good concept of money either since she gets things all the time without anyone worrying about the cost. We'll be working to correct that although we'll hopefully never have to be penny pinchers. One big problem I see in the world today is nobody knows how to save anymore. It is always spend, spend, spend. Put it on the credit card. I do not want my little girl growing up thinking it is okay to accumulate masses of credit card debt to get the instant gratification a lot of Americans have come to expect. I've got to teach her to think ahead and plan for the future. Although you can't take it with you when you die......

5 comments:

Kristi said...

We just got the Wii for Christmas and bought our 4yr old daughter the Disney Princess Enchanted Journey game. She loves it! It was $20 and very worth the money. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-3a-Enchanted-Journey-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000R37SJ6

I wouldn't recommend the Barbie Island Princess game. IMO, the games were too difficult for a 4yr old to master and the graphics weren't as good as they could be. Plus, it loads really slowly.

I don't know about the Littlest Pet shop game, but if you get it, let us know what you think!

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer- Sounds like you and Mommy have been having lots of fun!! Please know tht you are always in my prayers.

God bless

Debbie/Angel_Wings

The Stallings' Clan said...

Try McKays. Grayson received a leapster for Christmas, but I don't want to pay $26 for the games. I have picked up a few there for only $5 or $10 and they worked just fine.

With my kids if we are at Target or somewhere else and they start asking for toys I just tell them that's fine you can have it. Then I ask them to hand me their money to pay for it. :-) Works every time. They both always tell me that their money is at home in their piggy bank. I then tell them to remember it next time and they can get the toy. Of course they NEVER have the money.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) The JumpStart Adventures games are good for the Wii. My niece loves hers.

Bridgett said...

You can find Wii games really cheap on Amazon. That's where I get a lot of the ones we buy for the kids.

My kids are IN LOVE with all the Mario games right now though. That's all they ever do anymore, it seems. LOL