Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Twelve Days of Christmas

I decided to do the twelve days of Christmas with Summer this year.  Meaning that she will get one present a day up to Christmas day (for the most part anyway).  These gifts are just some cheap things I found while out shopping...or going through my junk at home. :)  Her first one was a singing and dancing Santa that I found in the attic.  I wrapped it up and gave it to her on Thursday evening when Clint came home from work. (that sounds weird - Clint coming home from work.  If you didn't know he has worked from home since I met him, but now he goes to the office almost everyday.)  Anyway, she was a little freaked out by it and would not go up to it and touch it when it was singing and dancing.  Nor would she sit down by him, without screaming that is...LOL.  She did, however, like the box he came in.  Go figure.  You can see for your self, just look at the pics.  I know, I know.  I am a horrible mom to make my child get her picture taken with her first present of the year.  Let's just hope this isn't an indication of the rest of our Christmas pics

Earlier this week we went to visit Santa for the 2nd time.  She would not sit on his lap and didn't even want to give him a hug this time like she did before.  I think we are regressing in the Santa department.  I will try again next week because I really want to get her pic taken with Santa.  Maybe Clint and I will have to get in it too if we can't get Josh and Amanda to meet us that the mall for the pic.  We will see.

We also went to Chuck E Cheese this week for my nephew's 5th birthday.  It was fun for everyone I think.  The kids all enjoyed playing games, even Summer.  They did have some that she could play and she enjoyed it.  Even the adults played some to try to use up all the tokens so we could go eat.  We went to Ryans and pigged out before calling it a night.  Summer ate very well - green beans, pinto beans, broccoli, cheese, cottage cheese, and cherry tomatoes.  Of course that was followed by a cookie and some ice cream.  She knew to save room for the good stuff.  She gets that from me!  Clint starts eating cookies the minute he fixes a plate when we go there.  He too makes sure he has plenty of yummy cookies before we leave. 

 

No comments: