Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bath Time

I finally got around to putting the pics on the computer from last weekend.  As you can see, she did not want to look at me.  The only pics I took were of the bath...oh well.  Hopefully, I will get some tomorrow when we go to Baby Gym.  I hope Alicia is going to bring Lili, but I haven't heard from her so I doubt it.  I called today and signed Summer up so we will be going on Thursdays at 10:30 every week I hope.  I really hope Summer has fun tomorrow.  I know she did last time...all except for "Ring around the Rosies."  I hope she warms up to that this time.  Who knows?  Maybe she will even do a new "trick" like she did last time.

It seems like she is doing new things all the time.  She is soooooooo adorable...always smiling and laughing.  She is such a happy baby except when I walk away from her.  Then she is NOT HAPPY.  She is fine if she walks away from me, but when I try to go to the kitchen or bathroom she cries if she sees me walking away.  It is frustrating sometimes, but I know she just wants me to be around her.  In a few years, it could very well be the opposite, so I am just going to treasure this time of her wanting me. 

Amanda brought home a dog on Sunday which she picked up off the side of a street (we think).  I guess we are going to keep it.  She named it Fido because he looked like he had been in a fight.  Summer really likes him.  She laughs when she sees him.  She is not too great at petting him yet.  She does try to hold onto him and stand like she does with everything else.  I am trying to teach her to pet him, but we need to get rid of his fleas first.  He has been in the house a few times, but when Amanda told me he had fleas, out the door he went.  We are treating them so hopefully they will be gone by next week.  Before we got Fido, we were taking Summer by one of our friends' house some to see their dogs and cats.  She really likes their dogs too.  She is bigger than they are so it is fun to watch her with them.  The other day she was grabbing one of the dogs hair and holding onto it.  I didn't think she was going to let go, but she did.  Oh yeah...did I mention Fido needs eye surgery which is going to cost us about $475 on top of the $106 we spend today...OUCH!!!  I wish Amanda could've picked a healthy dog, but what's done is done.  He is a sweet dog so we will keep him. 

I have started giving Summer a bottle every morning when she wakes up and at night before she goes to bed.  It is so weird to be feeding her from a bottle.  But, like I said before, the milk is gone!  I have been giving her mostly formula mixed with milk.  I think I am going to get that Next Step stuff when I run out of the formula I have.  I also give her milk in a sippy cup during the day if we are home.  She does NOT drink it very well.  I am going to get some strawberry syrup and see if that helps any.  I tried chocolate today, but she did not drink very much more than usual.  She does, however, gulp down water or juice in a sippy cup.  She is such a good eater.  She will eat almost anything.  In fact, I don't know of anything she won't eat.  I just hope she keeps that up as she grows older...especially the vegetables!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sloan will go to the back door (still not crawling, in her walker) and laugh at our dog too. Its cute!