Sunday, February 25, 2007

No More Milk...

Okay, I think I forgot to mention that Summer was waving and saying "Bye" the other day when we were leaving the airport on the shuttle bus.  She has done it before maybe once or twice, but it is not often.  But, it is sooo cute.  I have tried to get her to do it a few times since then, but it seems all she will do is wave....sometimes.    I know pretty soon she will be doing it all the time and it won't be as special as it is now.  One day all I will have is the memories we make today so I want to try to make as many memories as possible and write about them.  That way when she is all grown up, she will be able to look back and see all the milestones of her life. 

She had a bath today with the new duck I got her last night at a consignment sale.  It is a BIG duck!  She also has a smaller duck.  I think she preferred the smaller duck, but she did give the other duck some attention too.  I bathed her and tried to get her to "quack, quack, quack" like the ducks.  I even tried to video tape her playing with the ducks, but my battery died...ughhh...just when I was ready to capture a cute moment in her life.    I did get a few pics which I hope to post later tonight.  Anyways, she was all clean and rinsed and playing with the ducks and IT HAPPENED!!!  She pooped in the tub!  I am really surprised that this is the first time it has happened.  I tried to pick it out and was somewhat successful...somewhat.  :)  I cut the water back on and rinsed her while it was running which she surprisingly did not mind.   Yeah!  She was preoccupied with the duck so I guess she didn't realize what I was doing.  She is doing pretty good taking a bath in the big bathtub.  At first she didn't like to be in there by herself, but the ducks really help to keep her occupied. 

Friday morning was the last time I nursed Summer.  She is doing very well with not nursing, and so am I.  I thought it would be hard, but her focus was very low during nursing so I just decided that was it...NO MORE BOOBY!  Last night Clint gave her a bottle of breast milk (from the freezer) and he said she drank all 5 ounces without even taking her mouth off of the bottle.  I amhoping she will start drinking milk out of a sippy cup, but so far she has only drank a little.  She will finish 1-2 sippy cups full of water and juice a day, but I can't hardly get her to drink milk.  Sometimes she will drink it out of a bottle pretty good, but she needs to be tired or held or something to get her to drink it.  I haven't exactly figured out what the magic trick is yet, but I am working on it.  She really needs the protein and calcium and other stuff from the milk.  I try to make sure she gets enough Vitamin A and C every day too.  I try to feed her at least two different fruits, at least one or two vegetables/dinners, a bowl of oatmeal/cereal, and a yogurt everyday.  Of course sometimes there are rice, crackers, and bread too.  She really likes grilled cheese sandwiches.  I break it up into little pieces so she will not get choked like she would if I just gave her the whole sandwich and watched her stuff it into her mouth...and she would.  She is a pretty good chewer although she still only has two teeth.  But, sometimes she will put a big piece of bread into her mouth and will not be able to chew it up.  She also likes lasagne, spaghetti and hamburger helper.  She ate a little box of Corn Puffs last week while we were in Vegas.  It took her a few days to get it all down, but was a pretty good snack for her.  She loves to feed herself so I like to give her things she can eat by herself as often as possible.  She even tried to give herself a few bites of oatmeal this morning.  I did help her, but she grabbed the spoon like she wanted to do it, so I let her try.  I am NOT ready for that yet though.  My little baby is turning into a little girl and fast.  She needs to slow down.

No comments: