Saturday, March 3, 2007

Summer Fever

Well, I really do have summer fever, but my Summer also has a fever....ughhh.  Last night it was 102.3 when we got home from eating with some friends.  So, I gave her another dose of Tylenol, a cool bath and put her to bed.  Her cheeks were red and so  were the back of her arm and her "love handles" (aka gluteus medius).  She woke up after about an hour so I stripped her down to her diaper and let her lay on me for about 20 minutes.  I put her back to bed and checked on her a few times during the night.  At 4:30 a.m., I woke her up and took her temp again - 101.5.  So, I gave her more Tylenol.  When she woke up around 8:00, her fever was gone and she was happy as a lark.  She let me look at her gums really good which she has never really done before and was very playful while she drank her bottle.  That lasted until about noon when it looked like her fever was rising again.  I gave her some Tylenol around 3:00 while we were at the Creative Discovery Museum with my niece's and nephew because she felt hot.  When we got home, I took her temp again and it was around 101.  So, she took a cool bath with Leah  while the other two took a bubble bath in the other room. 

While they were all occupied, I made us a broccoli and cheese casserole which I tricked them all into eating...at least a bite or two each.  They also had leftover pizza and fries from lunch.  I've got two down and two to go.  Jonathon went to bed first, then Summer.  Leah and Faith will be going to bed hopefully in the next 30 minutes or so. 

Anyways, I am not sure what is up with Summer.  I did not see any signs of any teeth coming through her gums so I don't know whether to chalk this up to teething or not.  I just hope that her fever will go away and not come back.  She does not really have any other symptoms other than a little congestion which I think everyone has right now due to all the tree pollen.  I guess it is that time of year -- SPRING!!!  I can't believe it is here already.  I was surprised to see my flowers blooming outside our gate the other day.  It won't be long and we will all be by the pool.  I can't wait!

No comments: