Thursday, February 15, 2007

Playgym

I took Summer to a Playgym class at the Creative Discovery Museum today.  It was fun.   We did several activities which were all fun for Summer except one.  She had to lay down on her back for one of the activities which is not something she does well...or likes at all!  So, she only did "Ring Around the Rosies" once.  I didn't push her to do it, but tried to make it look like fun so hopefully she will want to do it next time.  They do basically the same thing every time you go so that the kids will learn by repetition.  They even teach some sign language which I am happy about.  Maybe now Summer will actually learn some of it and I will be more consistent in using it.  I want to join the class and take Summer every week.  Overall it was fun and I think she enjoyed it.  She did something new while we were there -- SHE CLAPPED HER HANDS!  I was so excited and surprised to see this. She never claps her hands when I do "Patty Cake."  But, today when all the babies were all sitting on this "log" listening to a choo-choo train song and bouncing up and down while looking at themselves in the mirror, she started clapping.  Alicia saw it too.  It is really funny that she did it today because last week when Alicia called me to set this up, she told me that Liliana had started clapping.  When I got off of the phone with her, I was all "Clint, I gotta teach Summer to clap before Thursday!"  But, I didn't, or at least I don't think I did.  Anyway, I was so happy when she did it today in class.  She also did it when we were with my mom and Tre at dinner tonight.  She LOVES them....SERIOUSLY! 

She always lights up when they come into the room.  I don't know what it is about them, but they can really make her laugh.  I am a little jealous of just how happy she is to see them sometimes, but it always makes me feel good to know that she is happy and having a great time when she is with them...because they get to keep her quite a bit!  (Thanks Mom & Tre)  I am so lucky to have them and also my sister to help me out with Summer all the time.  I don't know what I would do without them besides definitely not go out with my husband on Friday nights.  (Again Thanks!!!)  I do look forward to our evenings alone even if we only spend it on the couch watching TV. 

I finally talked my best friend since middle school, Selena, into coming and hanging out with me tomorrow night...ditching her baby and husband....YEAH!!!.  It is so hard to believe that she finally accepted my invitation which has been out there for over three months.  Her baby is 15 months old and can walk and talk and all of that fancy stuff.  I am excited to spend the evening with her tomorrow...minus babies.  We get together every few weeks with them, but never alone.  I don't think I have seen her but once in the past 15 months, at our 10 year reunion, without her daughter.  I wonder if all we will talk about is our babies...that will sure be different than our old conversations: pre-baby.  Oh well, I am excited anyway.  It seems like all my old friends either have babies or moved away (you know who you are...call me!) or got married so I don't really get to hang out with anyone but Clint and our "couple friends" which is fine, but I do miss my "partying days" (is that what they are called?) a little.  I am grateful for my life as it is now though.  I am really enjoying being a mom and even contemplating another one.  Did I say that out loud?  One what? 

Saturday night I am getting my sister's 3 kids...ages 6, 5, & 4.  I can't wait to spend some time with them.  I even rented a movie (cartoon) which I have not seen nor do I remember the name of it....hmmmm.  Oh well, I just hope they want to see it.  I am actually going to try to sit down and watch the movie with them this time...which I never seem to get around to.  But, after Summer goes to bed I hope to put this in and maybe pop some popcorn or something.  We'll have to see how the evening goes, but I can't wait. 

Okay...off to bed or some more blog reading one.  I'm waiting on Clint to get home which won't be for another couple of hours......

No comments: