Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camp central

Aerials camp has come and gone. Summer and her friend Willow had a lot of fun at the week long four hour a day camp learning different things on the trapeze and silks. They got to choreograph a routine for the performance at the end of camp. They decided to be scared zebras running from a car. It was cute to see the act they had put together on the trapeze to the song of Jungle Boogie. You can see it here.  Willow spent the night with Summer one night and that was fun too.  They had a tea party in the library loft and shared lots of laughs over a half gallon of water.  Summer did not go spend the night with her although she was invited, but she says she only likes to spend the night with her Memaw or her cousins.  She spent her first weekend with her dad (for those who don't already know, we are getting divorced) and although she did not think she would be able to sleep without me there, I believe she did.  Lexie was there to help keep her company so I know she enjoyed that too since I have not been able to get her for the past few weeks.  I hope that won't last forever, but only time will tell.  I sure do miss that sweet girl!

This week she is attending a week long art camp at the Hunter Art Museum for the 2nd summer in a row.  On the way there, she asked me how long the camp was and I told her 3 hours.  She was not too excited about being away from me that long and asked me if I thought she was going to be able to do it. LOL  I reassured her that she would, as she had done it the year before with no problems.  However, when I walked her to her classroom she was a little teary eyed and not in the best of spirits.  When I picked her up, she seemed to have had a good time and was anxious to get home and make some hamburger helper.  But, when we got home, the meat was still not thawed so we had a tea party complete with strawberries, smoked gouda and crackers to pass the time until it was.  After eating our hamburger helper and broccoli and cheese, the rest of the day was spent being silly on the couch, cuddling with the cats and dog, playing in the hot tub and watching Barney and Calliou videos.  Of course, we could not watch  movies without cookies and kettle corn, her two favorite snacks.   At bedtime, we read quite a few books.  Her favorite were the Dr. Seuss books and mine were the ones she read to me.  

Today as we headed to camp, she told me she missed me already.  She's such a mommy's girl!!!  She claimed her belly was hurting her when we got there, but I'm not sure if it really hurt or if maybe she thought she would be able to get out of going.  She did much better at drop off and went right into the class and started talking to one of the instructors.  They told her to write her name on the back of the paper and she asked, "How do you know which is the front and which is the back?"  It was a plain white piece of paper.  Too cute!  :)   

I took her to the doctor yesterday because she ran a low grade fever off and on last week and over the weekend.  She had also been complaining of belly and head aches all week.  After a strep test, blood test, and thorough examination by her doctor, it was determined that she was just getting over another virus as her white blood counts were low.  The doctor also found her to be constipated which seems to have been a pretty consistent problem for her since her chemo treatments which ended almost 3 years ago.  Hopefully, we will be able to get that straightened out with a little help from some miralax.  I don't want to fail to mention that it was possibly one of most fun doctor visits we have had.  While we were waiting to see the doctor, I sang her silly songs and she laughed and laughed begging for more.  I couldn't talk her into singing one to me though.

Looks like we will possibly be spending the rest of the day watching Barney videos.  She has requested that we watch all the ones that we have and then write their names down on a piece of paper.  We'll see if that happens or not.  Right now we are waiting on some banana bread to come out of the oven.  She was my big helper making it and added all the ingredients into the mixing bowl.  I think her favorite part was smashing the bananas, but she would not help me peel them.  She had a little taste of the batter, but she will not try the bread.  She said banana bread is not good, and she will not eat any.  That's okay though because it is not for us.  Guess I'm going to get off here and check the bread.  Then time to spend the rest of the day with her.  Love it!!!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

What a cute video!! Sorry to hear about you and your husband!!