Saturday, August 30, 2008

I miss my baby!

Clint and I took a trip to Savannah this week - a late anniversary getaway.  It has been nice to be able to sleep until I want to get up.  We have had a lot of fun and even a near death experience.  But, I am missing my baby big time.  I really needed a break from the everyday joys and stress of motherhood, but now I want my baby back.  I had been feeling a little stressed and even a wee bit annoyed with Summer (if you can imagine that).  She talks all the time and has started to question things (over and over again).  Why she can't be happy with the first answer I give her I'll never know, but I guess she is at that age where one answer just isn't enough.  She also lets me know when she does not want to do something - over and over again.  I guess she doesn't understand that I heard her the first time and just because she doesn't want to do something doesn't mean she isn't going to do it.  She is slowly learning that she doesn't always get her way and sometimes she has to do things (or go places) she doesn't want to.  I am just hoping she learns that whining isn't going to make me change her mind.  We are on a three strike spanking system now.  When she gets up to three, then she gets them all at once.  I think it is working, but who knows.  Anyway, needless to say I get a little frustrated with her at times and I needed a break before I had a breakdown.  I wonder how many times in my life I will feel that way.  Probably more than I realize.  I mean she is only two years old.  I still have a long ways to go before she is grown.  I talked to her yesterday and she said, "I'm coming home!"  So, I know she is ready to see me too.  That makes me happy knowing she misses me like I miss her.  I can't wait to get home tomorrow and give her a big hug and a thousand kisses.  She will probably start pushing me away after the first five, but at least I will have her back in my arms.   

We did a lot of exciting things this month - Creative Discovery Museum's Playgym class every Thursday, birthday party at Playworld Downunder, trip to the zoo, trips to the playground and  many bicycle rides.  I can't wait to get back to her so we can make more memories together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She truly is a living doll!  I remember those two year old days and finally realized that most of the talking she is doing, and questioning over and over again is simply her listening to herself talk!  She's got the idea down that when she speaks a response comes, and so on and so on!  Enjoy every minute of it.  For me time just flew by and now they are teens.  What I wouldn't give for just one day back where they would crawl in bed with me, or into my lap just for a cuddle.  You are truly blessed.  Thanks for sharing in public, your life and times.  Sue