Friday, May 11, 2007

1st Birthday Pictures

I have been so busy this week that I have not really got to look through Summer's pictures until today.  She is taking her afternoon nap.  She is still taking two naps a day for a total of 3-4 hours of sleeping/bed time.  Sometimes she just babbles in her bed or plays with her toys.  She knows how to cut the music and the light on in the pack-n-play at the condo.  Sometimes when I go in to get her, she is just sitting there playing happily.  When she sees me, she immediately smiles. Then she usually stands up or grabs her bear and hands it to me so I can give him some love.

She loves to play in the floor with me.  I tickle her, "get her," throw her up in the air and whatever else comes to mind.  I can pick her up and turn her upside down and she will laugh.  She gets me too when we are playing.  Sometimes I will look over at her and she will be rolling on the floor acting silly.  It makes me want to get in the floor and act silly with her...which I usually do (ask Clint).

Summer and I played at Amanda's school today while we were waiting for her to do her final presentation for one of her classes (she graduates from high school in a week).  I got some toys and a blanket out of the car and took Summer under a tree in front of the school.  We played with the dump truck and read her puppy book.  She wanted to sit on the blanket with me.  I put her in the grass when we got under the tree and laid out the blanket.  When she saw me sit on it, she decided she wanted to as well.  She was so cute.  After she got tired of playing with the toys and my purse, she wanted to try walking.  She took a bunch of steps and tumbled after about 4 or 5 each time.  She kept trying and trying and trying.  Grass is definitely the best place for her to learn to walk.  She does not get hurt when she falls down like she would on concrete.  She did want to venture into the parking lot when she finally made it that far, but her mommy wouldn't let her.  What a good mommy...LOL

We have a busy weekend this week.  Tonight I am having a girls night with Selelna.  Tomorrow we are celebrating Amanda's birthday.  I am hoping to go to a play tomorrow night with Clint.  Sunday we are going to my mom's for lunch.  I think we are going to have a good time.  I know I will at least. 

For everyone reading, I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is soo beautiful! Happy Birthday Summer (from Sloan ;)!! Sloan and Nadia’s Granny have a ball popper like that. ALL the grandchildren love it!