Monday, November 13, 2006

A Spoon and A Table

Today at lunch, Clint and I were letting Summer sit on the table and play with the spoon that came with the rest of my silverware.  She was having a good time putting in her mouth and checking it out (it was a BIG spoon).  When our food came, I moved her to my lap and that is when she made a discovery.  If she hits the table with the spoon, it makes a noise.  It was so cute to see her realize that she could make noise with the spoon and the table.  Lucky for us, she did not do it for too long. 

Okay, my step daughter is evil.  Not really, but she just came in here and asked me if she could eat some of this ice cream cake I bought a few weeks ago.  I went into the kitchen to help her, and of course I couldn't resist.  Clint and I already had ice cream after dinner earlier so I didn't really need any more, but it looked so good.  And it is!  I usually eat a grapefruit about this time every night, but not tonight...I ate ice cream cake instead!  And I'm not going to get to work out tomorrow.  Oh well!  Hmmmmmmmm...where was I at?

Oh yeah, Summer is so adorable.  I love watching her explore and learn new things.  I will be doing that for years to come so I had better enjoy it.  She was ready for a nap after we left the restaurant, so we walked back to the condo and I put her down.  She went right to sleep and slept for at least an hour and a half.  Then I had to wake her up so we could go workout.  I wish I could've let her wake up on her own, but we already had the appointment with Matt.  While we were working out, I looked at her and saw she was making me a present...LOL.  I waited a while to make sure she was finished and the next time I looked at her, I could see my present through her clothes.  It had came out of the top and bottom of the diaper.  I had to take her into the bathroom and wash her off in the sink.  There was so much poop on her clothes that I almost threw the outfit away (it is probably the last time she will wear it anyway b/c it is getting small on her), but Clint and I both like the outfit (which is white...of course!!!) so he took it outside to a water hose and rinsed it off.  That was one of the messiest diapers she has ever had...even messier than the funeral experiencea few weeks ago.  I guess cleaning poopy messes has to bring me down off of the "my baby is so wonderful" high every once in a while.  By the way, did I tell you my baby is the best baby in the WHOLE world?  Of course she is!   I know most moms feel this way about their children at least for the first few years anyway, right?  I hope I feel this way forever because it sure does feel good.

Well, I feel like I am rambling on.  I need some serious sleep.  I may go to bed early and tape "What about Brian?" which does not come on until 10:00.  I actually did get to nap for a little while today, but I too had to get out of bed to go workout.  It was such a wonderful nap too!  I really need to do that more often.  Okay, rambling again...I outta here! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now have a craving for ice cream cake - thanks alot :-)   Just wait until Summer starts walking and is ready to go exploring around the restaurant, my little girl is 2 and I don't think I've had a warm meal out in at least a year!!!  I agree most parents think their kids are the best - I hope they always think that even during those teenage years!  Leene