Thursday, October 26, 2006

More firsts for Summer

Summer has done a few new things this past week.  Last Saturday when I went to my mom's house to visit and pick her up, we went out in the yard and let her play with the leaves that had fallen on the ground.  She really liked looking at the leaves and tasting them.  The green and yellow leaves were her favorites.  She did not taste the red leaves...I'm not sure why.  We got some cute pictures of her with the leaves and in a tree.  The ones in the tree would be better if they were just her, but I couldn't very well leave her in the tree alone! 

She used her high chair for the first time last Friday.  She also had her first oatmeal with bananas meal at the same time.  When we first put her in the high chair she was checking it out and it seemed like she liked it.  However, now it does not seem that she likes to be in it unless she is eating.  She would rather be in my arms or her daddy's arms...go figure. 

On Sunday she had her 1st green peas.  She liked them.  They have a different texture than the other vegetables, but she didn't seem to mind.  I tried to make all smily faces while she was eating them...I hate peas!!!  But, I don't want her to know that.  I was all "Yummy!  Peas!"  I'm not sure if that was necessary because she ate the whole jar.  I am feeding her the big 4 oz. jars now instead of the 2.5 oz jars.  I was surprised that the first time I gave her a big jar, she ate the whole thing.  I didn't expect that, but I guess she is growing.  She drinks about 2-4 ounces of 1/2 juice-1/2 water after she eats her veggie of the day. 

Let's see what else.......Oh yeah, she rode in the shopping cart for the 1st time this week at TJ Max.  Then yesterday she rode in one at Old Navy.  I guess that is pretty much it for firsts this week. 

She is getting up on all fours pretty good now, but she can't really travel forward yet.  She can scoot around as long as it is backwards.  I'm not rushing the crawling though.  Although I know it will be so adorable when she finally does crawl, I will have to watch her like a hawk.  Now I can leave the room for a minute without worrying too much, but when she starts crawling that will probably not be a good idea.  She is able to move around a lot more now meaning she can change positions easier.  She can go from sitting to her belly pretty smoothly - that is to say she can do it without just falling onto it.  When she is laying on me, she will reposition herself to the floor or where ever she wants to look or be.  I guess it help to have something to balance herself on when she is moving around.  It is amazing how fast all of this happens.  Of course compared to animals, it takes humans a lot longer to become independent and self-sufficient.  But, then again we are pretty sophisticated beings.  Okay then....

Summer seems to be rounding out.  Before she had rolls on her arms, but her belly wasn't really round.  Now, she has a belly too.  She is sooooo adorable and I just love her to pieces...rolls and all.  I guess that is about it.  I still haven't gotten the cute "razzing" on video.  She seems to get camera shy when I video tape her.  Oh well....maybe one day. 

 

No comments: