Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nap Time

Summer is on her 2nd nap of the day.  The first one was about 2 hours long and this one is about as long.  I don't know what is up with her today.  Maybe she isn't feeling good.  I wonder whether or not she is teething.  I don't want to assume she is just because she is drooling like crazy and chewing on everything she can get her hands on.  I need to go get her some teething tablets that my friend Selena gives to Willow.  Right now I have some teething gel, but it is so thick/hard I can't get it rubbed into her gums so I don't think it is doing any good if she is teething.  I really hope she isn't because I am not ready for her to have teeth yet.  She is growing and doing more things everyday.  She reaches for everything in front of her...especially plastic bags.  I think she likes the noise they make. 

Yesterday, we were eating downtown and she pooped out of her diaper.  I went and changed her and got the waitress to bring me a bag for her clothes.  She was sitting in my lap while I was eating, and she kept getting the bag and trying to chew on it.  We decided that wasn't good for her, so we moved the bag.  Then I gave her a lemon to see if she wanted to chew on it.  To our surprise, she liked it and didn't want to give it up when I took it from her.  She reaches for my cups and plates now.  She is really interested in anything I will let her have.  Earlier, we were sitting with Clint while he ate lunch and she was grabbing the bag of Cheetos.  She got a Cheeto out and was tasting it.  Clint made me take it from her.....I just wanted to see what she would do with it.  I guess I have to wait a while longer before she is ready for Cheetos.  It is just so much fun to see how she reacts to different tastes.  I am going to feed her some carrots this evening.  I hope she will eat them like she did the first day I gave them to her.  Well, I guess that is it.  I just thought I would update this while I had a little time on my hands.  I am getting a lot done today with all these naps......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sloan has been taking long naps also. She has been napping for almost three hours now! Good luck with the carrots.