Friday, February 10, 2012

Report cards and such

It's hard to believe that January has come and gone. Summer got another great report card. Our parent teacher conference with her teachers was also great. I guess it is always good when the teachers have nothing bad to say. She has definitely won them over, especially Ms. Tracy. I think it might have a little to do with Summer's history with cancer, but whatever the reason I'm glad she adores Summer. She says Summer is a big helper and is always ready to do her work. She makes me proud for sure!

I got to see her on the playground a few times last week and it is so adorable to see her running around with her friends and playing. They were playing with a stick that was a "fire key" and keeping it away from some other kids who I assumed were on a different team. I think they might have had their own firer key, but in Summer's mind it wasn't the real one. I was even put in charge of hiding it for a little while. But, one of her friends got it from me and then Summer got on to me for giving it up. Luckily, I didn't get into too much trouble for giving it up to her although I was informed I wasn't supposed to. LOL

She loves her math homework the best. She only gets a few numbers backwards now, but not all the time. This week it was 5 and 7. I'm not going to worry about it too much. I know one day she will perfect them. She is doing really good writing and loves to write words. It is cute to see how she spells some words, sounding them out to figure out how to spell them. Most of the time it is not correct, but she is only in kindergarten so I don't make a big deal about it. I'm just glad she is trying and has the desire to write. Sometimes she asks me how to spell things she wants to write. I just love it when it is a little note for me. I have a few on my car visors that she has done as we drive around. They always make me smile when I see them. Her penmanship has really improved throughout the course of the school year. Practice makes perfect, right?

This week she has discovered all the fun things you can do with a protractor. She really loves to draw pictures with it. She drew her Nona and Nono a picture of their house, complete with the tiled roof it has. The protractor was very helpful in creating archways for her drawing. It looks great and she was very proud of the roof especially. She has also tried using a compass, but I think she prefers the protractor. She's so creative, always wanting to create something as soon as she gets up. We definitely aren't lacking in the artwork department. Maybe one day I'll get around to creating a display for all her best creations. For now, we store a lot of them in the craft cabinet or on her bedroom furniture. One day we are going to have to get rid of some of it. But, for now we look a little like hoarders. Oh well, they mean a lot to her and are always priceless in Mommy's eyes!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Happy that she is enjoying her school time!!