Monday, April 21, 2008

Stop the madness!!!

I think I might be going insane.  Clint had surgery last week.  Scratch that - two weeks ago.  So, I have pretty much been at the hospital for the past 11 days.  Luckily, his parents are here so they relieve me for a couple of hours almost every day.  His mom is spending her 2nd night there tonight, giving me a much needed break.  By the time I get back, I will have been away from the hospital for 24 hours.  I just hope it is enough and I don't break bad on Clint shortly after I get there.  LOL

He is not eating very much and could possibly be over-medicated.  It is very frustrating to sit and watch him not do anything but sleep.  We found out on Saturday that he has some blood clots in his legs, so he is bed-ridden for the time being.  He doesn't talk very much because he said it makes him loose his breath.  It is driving me crazy because on Friday he was walking around and talking about leaving to go get his haircut.  Now he barely says a word.  I can only imagine what is going through his head, but it is obviously NOT "Man this food looks yummy!" or "Can I get some more food please?"  Anyway, I won't bore you with anymore details, but life is pretty stressful and crazy right now. 

To add to everything else, I haven't been able to see Summer very often at all.  I am having withdrawal from her and feel like I am failing her as a mom b/c I can't give her much attention.  I know she is young and won't remember any of this, but I still feel guilty.  She is in good hands with her Memaw and Nanny.  They have been a HUGE help and I don't know what I would do without them.  Summer absolutely adores them and they do her too.  That is one of the only things that comforts me right now.

Summer is spending the night with me tonight for the first time in a week.  We had a fun day today playing at my mom's house.  We ate dinner there and then came home to camp out in front of Barney for a while.  We took a bath together and then watched a little more Barney before I tucked her into bed.  I am glad I have the morning to spend with her too.  We are heading straight to the hospital after her swimming lesson at 11:00.  I know she is anxious to see her daddy.  I just hope he is awake enough to enjoy her company. 

No comments: