Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Kisses

Summer started giving kisses on Sunday.  We were in Wal-Mart and Clint asked her for a kiss and she gave him one.  He did about 5 times and every time she would give him a kiss.  However, she would not give me a kiss...hmmm.  I don't know what was up with that, but on Monday she stopped discriminating and started giving kisses to anyone who wanted them....even me!  It is so cute.  I love her to pieces and this just makes me love her even more (if that is possible).  The kisses are kind of open mouthed and I love them.

Last week she also started making noises that start with "B".  Before that it was mainly just "D" noises/words.  I even think she said "Bye-Bye" two different times on Monday...once with a little wave.  She is not doing it consistently yet, but I know she will be soon.   She is really catching on to new things now.  I want to teach her how to blow kisses so I need to start working on that.  We have a long plane ride tomorrow so maybe we will start working on it then.  Our personal trainer thought she said "Momma" on Friday, but I'm not sure that is what it really was.  I wish!!!  I really can't wait for her to say "Momma," but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  Whenever I say "Momma," she says "Dada."  I even started singing this song "My Mommy" (to the tune of "My Buddy"-- as in the my buddy doll) hoping it would help, but so far it is not.  I read the other day that it takes five times of hearing a word for them to learn it, but I think that is just for them to know what the word is, not say it. 

I think I am about all packed for our trip.  I just got some toys together for the plane ride, but I feel like I need more.  I just don't have anywhere to put them...and I don't want to carry them.  Maybe I'll grab another book.  I am going to try to read at least one book to her a day and I have asked Clint to do the same.  We'll see how that goes.  I read that you should do it to increase their IQ, so I want to do every thing I can to help build her intelligence. 

Well, I am waiting for time to pass so I can go rinse the dye out of my hair.  It has been two years since I dyed my hair so I figured it was time to dye it again.  Especially since I had dye under my sink just waiting on me to find it which I did today.  My head is kind of tingling right now...and itching.  I guess I will go.  Looking back over this post it seems like I kind of over did  the parenthesis.  Oh well, I am leaving them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you guys headed? Congrats on all that Summer is learning and doing !!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

We're going to Vegas to visit family.  I can't wait!  Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Are you guys going on vacation? Hope you have a safe trip. Sloan has been saying ba ba ba baba all week. HAHA It is funny, but no dada or mama :(

Anonymous said...

Oh I see now. Vegas, baby! Have FUN!!