Saturday, December 3, 2005

Growing and Growing

It seems like I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday.  I couldn't wait to start showing and now I'm scared if I keep growing at this rate I'll be huge!  I'm anxious to see what I weigh on Monday when I go to workout.  I'm only supposed to gain a pound a week, but by looking at my stomach it seems like I am gaining more than that.  Maybe I'm just not used to having a round belly.  I do like the way it feels though.  Every night it seems like I wake up holding my belly.  At least now that I am growing, I am not worried about the baby b/c if I'm growing everything must be okay in there.  I don't listen to the heartbeat everyday now since I know the baby is alive and well (at least by looking at my stomach it seems he/she is).  I did listen to it this morning when I woke up...that was a first.  I usually listen to it in the afternoon or evening.  After we listened to the heartbeat for a minute, Clint said he is still hoping there are twins in there...we'll see.  We had thought we heard two different heartbeats a few weeks ago, but the doctor said we could just be listening to the same heartbeat but through the umbilical cord or something.  I still don't think I have felt the baby move, but I am not sure.  Sometimes I feel something out of the normal, but I can't tell if it is the baby or not.  Last night I dreamed I felt the baby move and in my dream I woke Clint up and he felt it too...but it was all just a dream...at least I think it was.  I do wake up every night now and press my hands on my stomach hoping to feel the baby move, but all I can feel is my heartbeat.  I know it will happen soon, if it hasn't already.  Anyway, Clint and I are going to Italy on Wednesday so we can experience that before the baby comes...I can't wait.  I bought a few more maternity shirts at the mall the other day so I think I've got enough clothes to get me through the month at least...although I will probably need to get another pair of pants before too long.  I wonder how long I will be able to wear my "normal" jeans. 

No comments: