Monday, January 29, 2007

A Weekend Away

This past weekend we went to Gatlinburg.  When we got to Pigeon Forge, we stopped at the Stride Rite outlet and my mom bought Summer her first pair of "real" shoes.  They are so cute.  I wanted shoes with velcro instead of shoe string b/c I don't want to have to fight with the shoes too when I am trying to put them on her...LOL.  Actually, she is pretty good about letting me put shoes on her...better than she is at letting me put a new diaper on her for sure!  I don't know what it is about getting her diaper changed that she doesn't like, but when it comes to putting the new diaper on she gets upset.  Oh well....

We went to the Wacky Bear store on the first night we were there and I made Summer a bear to give to her for Valentines Day....except I already gave it to her. :)  I didn't buy an outfit for it because I thought I would just put one of her newborn outfits on it.  The bear is similar to a bear my sister gave her that she sleeps with at the condo..very soft.  She always grabs it and snuggles it when I put her in the bed, so I wanted her to have one for here so I don't have to drag it back and forth.  When I put her down for a nap this morning, she laid her head on her new bear - Angel- it was cute!  It was fun making the bear for her...making a wish, dancing in circles and a few other silly things they had me do before they gave me the heart.  I really wanted to get a song to put in it but they were out of the song I wanted - You Are My Sunshine.  That is what I always sing to her and I really thought that would've been cool.  I may try to find it at a local store and see if they can put it in the bear for me. 

We had a good trip.  We went up to Ober Gatlinburg and saw the snow.  We got an Old Time Photo taken.  We ate ice cream. We ate and ate and ate!  Clint and I even got to go out one night for a little while, but we did not stay out long.  We must be getting old...we act like it anyways.  At least I don't feel old yet!

No comments: