Friday, January 5, 2007

Diagnosis: Ear Infection

Well, Summer's temperature was 102 degrees yesterday after I posted, so I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in.  I'm glad I did because, as the title says, she has an ear infection in both ears.  So, she is on an antibiotic which has already helped.  She only got up once last night at around 10:00.  She would've fallen right back to sleep, but I wanted to give her another dose of the antibiotic, so I got her up when I heard her jabbering and gave her some more medicine.  I then left her watching TV with Clint and went back to bed.  I thought they needed some alone time together so I hope they enjoyed it.  She woke up to eat at about 5:30 this morning and then went back to bed until after 8:30.  I got plenty of rest which was nice. 

I was talking to my mom yesterday and she asked if I wanted her to watch the baby tonight.  I was hesitant because I don't want to burden her with a sick baby, but she assured me that she wanted to do it.  So, she is going to pick her up after she gets off of work this afternoon.  My sister also volunteered to keep her, but mom had already asked.  It is so nice to have then want to take her for the night.  Clint and I are truly lucky to have them because they give us a chance to have some alone time ourselves.  I also don't worry about Summer when she is with them.  I know she being well taken care of and having a good time.  It seems she is always great for them and I know they enjoy spending time with her.  She really is a joy to be around. 

We are going to visit Clint's parents at the beginning of February.  I know they are excited to see her too.  The last time we were there she was barely crawling and now she can get around great.  She crawls around looking for me when I go out of her sight...and I have to walk around looking for her when she goes out of mine...LOL.  I really have to keep my eyes on her or she will surely get into something she shouldn't.  Well, I guess that is about it.  I am going to post some pics.  You might want to look below on the Happy New Year post for more new pics. 

Oh yeah....we got a bunny from our friends.  It lives on our back porch right now.  I took Summer out to see it the other day, but she has not gotten to pet it yet.  It is scared of us, but hopefully in time that will change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww..poor baby girl. Sloan fought an ear infection not long ago and it was really hard on all of us. I hope she gets better soon!!!