Thursday, January 4, 2007

O Holy Night

We had another rough night last night.  I thought the night before was bad because she was up crying about every two hours, but last night was definitely worse.  Mostly she would go right back to sleep if I picked her up and held her for a minute.  Last night, as soon as I laid her back down she would start crying again.  We ended up coming to the living room about 6:30 this morning since I sleep did not seem like it was an option.  I let her play for a little while and then laid down on the couch with her on my chest.  She finally gave it up about 7:15 and we slept there until a little after 9:00.  The phone woke me up, but I could not get up to answer it so I don't know who it was...oh well.  I think she is just having trouble breathing and sleeping at the same time.  She had a fever yesterday which started at 101.5 and was down to around 99 degrees last night.  I tried to take it at about 3:00 this morning when she was up screaming, but one thermometer wasn't working and the other only got up to 98.9.  So, I didn't give her anymore Tylenol at that point.  I need to take it this morning, but she is playing in the floor so I thought I would take a minute to eat breakfast and update everyone on how our week is going.  I really appreciate a healthy baby now.  Then we are all able to get our much needed sleep so that we can have the energy to make it through the day.  I hope today goes as well as yesterday.  While she is cranky at night, she is a joy during the day.  I am grateful for that.  Well, I better get back to her and go check her temperature.  Clint has also been sick this week so I am not getting much help from him because he doesn't want to spread his germs to her...too late.  Anyways, I will be happy when everyone is well again.  Then I'll probably end up sick....I hope not. 

1 comment:

Portugal said...

Sometimes life gives us a glimpse of something so incredibly beautiful, that it is beyond the power of words to describe, something so wonderful and so exquisite, that all we can do is let our emotions and our hearts express what words cannot. The result is goosebumps and rivers of joyful tears. This is the voice and beauty of Jackie Evancho. In this wonderful Christmas CD Jackie gives us a little glimpse of Heaven as she sings "O Holy Night" in a voice so pure and clear it is like fine crystal. Her rendition is the best I have ever heard, and I predict that it will be broadcast and played in homes all across America this Holiday season. Just four tracks and a DVD of her previous appearances, but it is not to be missed. I highly recommend it.