Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Got Milk?

I am thinking about weaning Summer, but I am not completely sure yet.  I am going to cut out the noon feeding and replace it with milk.  So, today I gave her milk in a bottle after she got up from her afternoon nap.  She liked it which is good.  One of my friend's little girls will not drink plain milk.  She has to put a little bit of strawberry syrup in it before she will drink it.  Of course Summer has always eaten and drank anything we have given her so it isn't really a big surprise.  When she was drinking the milk, she had it running down her cheek and I had to go grab the camera.  She is such a doll.

She has also been pulling up on furniture, my legs, and anything else she comes across all of the time.  Sometimes, if the object it tall, she will be afraid to let go and starts to fuss to get my attention.  When I hear her, I go help her and she is all good again.  She really thinks she is a big girl now and loves to walk around holding my hands.  I know it won't be much longer before she does it on her own, so I am soaking it all in.  Thankfully, she still does not have much balance so I can cherish her "needing" me to help her a while longer. 

This morning she woke up around 4:00 (she was sleeping in her bed in our room) and started jabbering and making all kind of noise....for like an hour.  She did not cry, so I left her there, but it was very hard to sleep so Clint and I were just laying there waiting for her to go back to sleep herself...which she eventually did.

Well, I need to get her bathed and ready for bed.  I just wanted to give a quick update while I had a chance. 

No comments: