Sunday, January 21, 2007

Second Thoughts

It's funny how sometimes when you say you are going to do something it sounds a lot easier than it will actually be to do it.  Well, that is how weaning Summer is to me.  Last week I was all like, "I think I am going to wean her."  Then that night when I was feeding her before bed, I started having second thoughts.  Holding her in my arms and looking at her made me rethink my decision.  So, the next day I asked Clint how he would feel about my mom joining us on our trip to Gatlinburg thus taking away the need for me to wean Summer ASAP and he said it was fine....YEAH!!!  I have been giving her a bottle of milk everyday before or after her afternoon nap which she likes.  I am fine with replacing her mid-day nursing with milk, but I'm just not ready to give up the morning and night feedings.  However, this morning she did bite me for the first time which was not pleasant.  I hope she does not keep that up because then I will be a little more eager to give up nursing her. 

She is walking along the furniture so much more every day.  She will go from one piece to another as long as they are close enough for her to reach one while she is holding onto the other.  This weekend she kept slipping on the hardwood floors when she would try to stand up holding onto a tall object, but she did not "bust it."  She would land on her hands and then try to do it again.  Sometimes she was successful, sometimes not.  I need to get a bigger rug so she doesn't slip and fall when we are at the condo, but by the time I get around to it she probably won't need it anymore.  Clint thinks she will be walking in less than a month.  I'm not sure, but I guess we will see.  Enjoy the pics of my little doll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is she now? Sloan made seven months last week and still is not crawling.
:( Oh well, I guess she is taking her time.

Anonymous said...

She is 8.5 monthss.  She started crawling right before she was 7 months old, but some of my friends babies started around 8 or 10 months.  I wouldn't worry about it.  She will when she is ready.  Does she get up on all fours yet?  That is how Summer started.  She would just get up on all fours and then sit back down.  Then do it again.  Let me know how the dr. visit goes on Thursday.  I will be thinking of you.