Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Time with Dad

Summer has been spending more time with Clint the past few weeks.  When I go to work out in the morning, she stays home with him.  So, they have been bonding more which makes Clint and I happy.  He thinks she likes him better than me, but I'm sure she does not...at least not yet. 

Last night when we were out eating and she cried when I left the table to go to the bathroom.  Clint wondered if she would do the same thing if he left....and she did.  Later in the meal she was crying like crazy for some reason and we could not get her calmed down for more than a minute.  So, we got the rest of our food to go and hurried home to get her in bed.  The manager and several employees even stopped by the table to check on her to see if they could do anything...she was really crying.  I'm not sure what was wrong with her because she has not done anything like that in a long time.  Maybe she was tired or maybe her belly was hurting her...hmmm.  Either way, she was fine once she got in the car and fell asleep. 

She is napping right now, but I am going to have to go wake her up in a few minutes so we can go pick Amanda up from school and go workout.  I don't like waking her up, but it looks like I am going to have to.  Tomorrow Amanda is getting her driver's license.  It is hard to believe it is already time for that, but I know Clint is looking forward to getting to sleep in a little longer in the mornings since he won't have to get up and take her to school. 

We are thinking about moving Summer's bedroom from the loft overlooking the living room to the guest bedroom because she keeps getting woken up whenever the kitchen light gets cut on at night and in the morning...and also sometimes when Amanda shuts her door...or when Clint and Amanda talk out in the kitchen...or whatever else is going on out there.  I hope moving her will help her sleep better but I think she still might get woken up in the morning when Amanda goes to the bathroom.  I would really like for her not to wake up then because it is about 6:30 a.m., and I'm not ready to get up at that time.  She usually won't go back to sleep after that either.  :(  There is not really anywhere we can put her that I know she won't get woken up.  The condo is where she sleeps the best.  Her bedroom is in the master closet since we don't really have many clothes down there and it is practically empty.  It is dark in there and she sleeps for hours even in the day time.  I call it the "magical nap room."  Anyways, I guess I better get ready to go....gotta go wake up the baby. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About a month ago we were dining out and Sloan had her first fit in a restaurant. She was not crying too hard, but she was loud. I was worried about bothering the other people so we picked up our food and left too. I did not like it, but I understand that it was her bedtime and she was not happy. Oh well, now we eat out early or leave her with my mom.
BTW going to the doctor tomorrow. I’ll keep you updated.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I added you to my private journal. When I sent the e-mail out letting everyone know they had been added, it said your screen name didn't exist so it wouldn't let me send it to you. Let me know if you have any trouble logging in to view it. And I think you have to reset your alert for my journal so make sure you do that.
Summer is getting so big and beautiful. It's great that she's getting close to Clint too. I love how my Summer is content being held by Joe. I get to get some stuff done!
http://journals.aol.com/sjs068587/andthebeatgoeson/
--Stephanie