Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm Starting to Show...I Think

Well, I think I am finally starting to show.  I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and have been wondering when I was going to get a baby bump.  It is hard to tell if that is what it really is or if I just ate a lot this weekend...It seems like when I wake up my stomach is pretty much flat, but by the middle of the day there is a bump.  I can still wear all my clothes.  I have gained back 3 of the pounds that I lost so they are still actually a little loose.  I think this is all going to be changing soon...time to go shopping!  That doesn't even sound like fun because I don't know where to shop for maternity clothes.  I looked on Old Navy and Gap websites last night, but I didn't really find anything....oh well.  I guess I could just wear sweat pants for the next 6 months, but that might get old (not sure though!).  They are pretty comfortable. 

Also, I rented a fetal heart monitor online last week, and it arrived on Friday!!!  It is so neat to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat whenever I want.  It was cheap too...only $18 a month (for the cheapest model they have).  Sometimes it is a little frustrating trying to find the heartbeat, especially when it is just me and my husband isn't helping.  He seems to be better at finding it than I am.  It is so cool though when we do find it.  The other day I counted the heartbeat, and it was 168. 

Anyways, I guess everything is going pretty good.  I'm not sick or tired...so I'm very grateful for that.  We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for some blood work, and then the next visit we will find out what we are having...I hope.  Maybe we will know before Christmas...its very exciting to think about actually knowing what is inside me.  I don't really care what it is (though twins would be great); I just want to know so I can start shopping.  I just hope I don't get carried away......

No comments: