Saturday, November 25, 2006

She's crawling

It all started on Thanksgiving Day.  Of course I did not see her crawl until the morning after.  We got up, like any other day, and went into the living room to play with some toys.  I was sitting there watching her go after something under the coffee table and there she was CRAWLING!  I ran to get the video camera so I could capture the moment.  Then I proceeded to call all my family members and tell them of her new accomplishment.  I called my dad first only to find out that she had actually crawled for him the night before but he was afraid to tell me because he thought I would be upset that I missed her doing it for the first time.  I was cool with that though because he only sees her a couple of times a year being that he lives all the way on the other side of the country.  So, it was actually neat that he got to be there for one of her "firsts".  It was so exciting seeing her make her first moves forward instead of backwards.  Now, she is completely mobile which is exciting and scary at the same time!  I've got to keep a close eye on her now and make sure there is nothing lying around that will hurt her.  I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow getting the house baby proofed.  At least I have the "cage"....LOL  I am going to try to decorate for Christmas too.  I am anxious to see how she reacts to the Christmas tree. 

We are home from our trip, and I just put Summer to bed.  I am sooooooooooooooo happy to be home and back to our normal (if there is such a thing) schedule.  The time difference really killed me this trip.  After we got home, she was crawling all over my floor and climbing on me.  I wonder how long it will be before she starts pulling herself up onto things.  I saw a 9 month old at a restaurant tonight who is already walking.  I wonder if that will be her in a few months.  I love watching her grow, but I wish she would slow down.  Before I know it, she will be all grown up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!  Now the real work starts.  It will definetly be interesting to see how Summer reacts to the tree - my girl who was 1 last year had no interest in it but this year watch out.  All of our ornaments are at the top and she's figured out the lights - what fun.  Sorry for the delay - I've been away.  Leene