Sunday, November 19, 2006

It won't be long....

Summer is on the verge of crawling!!!  She can sit herself up and move around to where she wants to be by a series of sitting up, turning and other moves.  She will get on all fours and look like she is going to crawl, but she hasn't figured out how to move her legs the right way.  I know it will probably be within the next two weeks...at least it seems like it will be.  There is still one position she won't get herself out of.  If she falls back or is laying on her back, she will start fussing until someone helps her sit up or turns her over to her belly.  I know she has turned herself over before, but she will not do it if she knows there is someone around.  I think in the bed she might roll herself over, but I'm not certain.  It is too hard for me to let her just lay there and whine, so I help her up.  I'm not sure if this is the "right" thing to do or if I should let her figure it out, but I know she will eventually figure out how to roll herself over. 

I have the "cage," as Clint likes to call it, (it is really the play yard fence I got from Wal-Mart) in the living room floor.  It is still open on one side, but I moved all her toys into it so she will get used to playing in it before I actually need to close it.  It is plenty big enough for us to play in together even when it is closed.  She loves to play with her toys...she knows how to dump all the toys out of the storage bin they are in...she always makes sure to dump the blocks out of their container.  It is funny, if I put them back in it, she goes straight for it.  She doesn't really even play with the blocks yet.  She's lucky she's so cute because I could just leave them spilled out all over the floor, but I always pick them up just so she can dump them out again.

I really love her soooo much.  It is crazy how she makes me feel.  She's got me wrapped around her finger.  Let's just hope she doesn't figure that out!

She took her first bath sitting up the other day.  She has been ready for a while, but I wanted to get it on video, so I had to wait until I had the camera handy.  She likes it, but it is hard for me to wash her now....and rinsing...hmmmmm.  I still don'thave it figured out, but I guess that will come in time. 

I guess that is it.  We are going to visit Clint's family and my dad for Thanksgiving.  I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will be on the move really soon! She gets more adorable every time I see new pics!

Anonymous said...

Summer is too cute - I suggest letting her fuss it out for a few minutes, I know its tough - I still have issues with letting my girls fuss it out but it really is better for her to "learn" to flip over.  Soon she'll be crawling, then standing, then walking and the oh so fun stage - climbing!!!  If you don't get an entry posted before Thursday - Have a great Thanksgiving.  Leene

Anonymous said...

By the way cage isn't so bad - my hubby refers to it as "jail" - lovely huh?  Leene