Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My little cry baby!!!

Well, it seems as if I have a spoiled baby.........big surprise, huh?  Her newest thing is crying.  She must absolutely love to do because she does it all the time.  I know it is my fault since I am the one who taught her to cry by picking her up most of the time.  So, now I have to teach her not to cry.  I know it is not going to be easy, but it has to be done.  My mom says she will be a much happier baby if I do not pick her up when she cries (if I know she is not hungry and has a clean diaper) and just let her cry it out....she needs to learn how to entertain herself and not depend on someone else to do it all the time.   I can't wait until she learns not to cry.  The last few days have been pretty tough on me.  I still love her to death though.  She is so precious......well, Clint needs the computer so I gotta go.  Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you taught her to cry by picking her up - you taught her she can count on you. If its just been a few days of crying, maybe she's just going through a growth spurt? Or maybe teething? You really can't 'spoil' a baby under six months of age. I do agree that every baby should be given the opportunity to spend some time amusing themselves, but I don't think you'll need to take a radical approach to get her there. Good luck!

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

Awww…I agree with Danielle. The only thing you taught Summer is that she can count on you and at her age it is important for her to know you are there. Good luck with it all. It seems like a tough decision but you are her mother and you know what’s best for her.