Friday, September 8, 2006

More Shots....

Yesterday Clint and I took Summer in for her 4 month check up and shots.  She weighed 14 lb. 15 oz and was 25 inches long.  The doctor said she is advanced for her age...so you know that made me proud!!!  Everything went good while we were there.  She did better this time around when she got her shots.  I was breastfeeding her again when she got them.  This time she only cried for a few seconds and then latched back on so that was good.  The nurse was really quick at giving her the 3 shots which made me happy because it wasn't as drawn out as the last time.  She was pretty happy that afternoon and not as sleepy as I expected since she was on Tylenol all day.  But, last night when I went to school she cried for her sister and her daddy and wouldn't eat anything.  Amanda ended up calling me and asking me what to do so I told her to just put Summer in the crib in my room, cut the fan on, and shut the door.  I figured she would give it up and fall asleep since she was probably just tired (and missing me of course!).  When I got home, Clint was holding her over his arm and walking around.  She seemed content so that made me happy.  She didn't fuss anymore after I got home...I think she might be addicted to me...LOL  A little bit later, I fed her and put her to bed. 

Earlier this week she took a 4 hour nap.  It was crazy, but of course she hasn't done that again...or even come close.  Her naps are about 45 minutes on average.  I just put her down for one and hopefully she will sleep longer because I had to wake her up this morning so we could take Amanda to school and go workout.  So, I might go take a nap myself.  She is sleeping for about 11 or 12 hours at night now which is surprising to me, but I am glad.  I usually get up around 8:00 so I'm glad she lets me sleep that late.  Well, I'm going to try to get that nap in so I won't want to go to bed at 9:00 like I did last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Summer! Shots are horrible! I love to read your blog because Summer is almost exactly one month older than Sloan so I get to see what Sloan will be doing in the upcoming month. Oh and Sloan is already 16.5 pounds!! She a little muncher!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer – Why was the contract cancelled? Did you guys just change your minds or did you find something wrong with the home during inspections? Just curious.