Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bragging Rights

Summer won the "diaper derby" today.   All three of the girls finished before the other two kids -  Summer, then Liliana, then Katelyn.  It was fun.  I ended up using a balloon and an empty cup to entice Summer to the finish line.  As soon at they said "Go," she took off for me.  My camera did not take the pictures fast enough.  I think I might have gotten one shot while she was crawling.  She was fast!  Liliana was not far behind her, but I think she might have stood up at the start or something.  It went by really fast so I am glad we video taped it so we can watch it again later.  The first place prize was a $25 gift card to  Babies R Us.  Second and third places got a $10 card. 

Summer and I both had suckers from one of the booths.  Almost all of the booths were giving out candy, but no really good candy.  I am kind of glad though because the last thing I need is more junk food. 

I haven't really got to play with Summer today because she went down for a nap as soon as my mom dropped her off this morning.  She woke up right before we had to leave for the contest.  When we got home, I made us some spaghetti and put her to bed again.  I think she will be up soon and then it will just be a few hours before she goes back to bed.  Her naps are becoming shorter, I think.  Sometimes she naps for a long time, but sometimes it is only about an hour.  I hope she keeps taking two naps for a while longer, although I know one day it will stop.  I hope I did not just jixn myself by saying that. 

I am looking forward to playing with her a little while this evening before she goes off to bed.  I hope she is not up at the crack of dawn tomorrow!  I do love her, but I don't want to play at 6:00 in the morning.  Should I tell her that?  LOL

No comments: