Monday, March 12, 2007

New Clothes and Stuff

I laid Summer down about 10 minutes ago and she is still not asleep...she is now...I hope!  She was in there talking, then she started screaming so I went to check on her.  I did not open the door, but just stood there waiting for her to make another noise.  And she has not....I think she finally gave it up. 

Summer is always standing in her crib when I come into her room in the morning.  She is usually a happy girl, and I sing her a good morning song.  Most of the time she just trying to look at everything but ME!!! I guess it is because she gets enough of me the rest of the day. 

I would like to go to the park today to walk, but Clint is not here to go with us.  I really don't think I want to go alone.  I thought about calling Selena to see if she wants to go because I think she is in Chattanooga today.  I really want to enjoy being by Coolidge park and everything.  I just wish they had a playground.  Any ideas on how to get the government to pay for it?  With all the new meter money they will be collecting for the parking, I wish they would give the kids some slides and swings to play on.  That would be perfect!

Selena and I both went to a consignment sale this morning and got some shoes.  Summer got 4 new pair - all of which are too big!  Well, she got a pair of white sandals, size 3W, for the summer which fit okay.  I wouldn't really say they "fit" though.  Oh yeah, she is a toe curler...all.the.time.  I don't know what is up with that, but I hope she grows out of it.  Willow also racked up in the shoe department.  We found some good Stride Rite shoes for the girls for really cheap - $5 or $10.  They are normally $30-40 minimum in the stores so I figured I better get them before someone else did.  Summer has a wide foot, so I have to buy her wide shoes....which they had...YEAH!  We also got a few clothes in 18 months.  Summer already has short and shirts for the summer, if they are not too small.  12 months shirts are not really easy to put on her, so I just decided to skip it and jump up a size.  It is no fun trying to put a shirt that is too small on a baby!  There is just something about putting the arms in that Summer DOES NOT like!  I need to figure out how to make that more fun.  Oh, and lets not forget those diaper changes.....

Speaking of diaper changes.  Here's one to remember.  I tried to get Clint to change a poopy diaper yesterday and needless to say he did not finish it.  Seriously, he has poopy diaper issues.  He will start and then when I walk into the room, because he "needs my help," he will walk out and leave me to finish.  He had to "throw" the diaper away.  He DOES do that!  He is the trashman around here, and he is very good at his job.  Thankfully, he can handle the pee diapers fine on his on.  He only needed help on that once when he put a diaper on backwards.  How you do that, I don't know.  However, it was a long time ago...9 or 10 months.  It really seems like a long time, but then at the same time it does not.  I can't believe my baby will be one in less than two months. 

Okay, so she is talking again.  I don't know if I should go get her and just skip this nap or keep typing.  I really wish she could say "Mama."  But, she can't!  Now she is making blowing noises and jabbering.  So, maybe I'm not going to get a break after all!  Maybe I'll take a nap, but first I need to eat. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went shopping for Sloan last week. I really can’t wait to buy her shoes. Her cold continues to relapse, third time now! Anyway, she also hates to get changed into clothes. I guess it disturbs her playtime.

Anonymous said...

Sunny - I guess the surgery is delayed still.  I hope Sloan gets over her cold.  I am so thankful that Summer has not been sick very much.  We are very lucky to have such beautiful girls!