Thursday, March 8, 2007

Time Away From Mom & Dad

Well, tomorrow is my big day.  I have a test at 9:00 a.m. and an audition following that.  I think I am ready for the audition, but I am not so sure about the test.  Thankfully, I am a pretty good crammer.  Of course, you would've known this yesterday had I not deleted my entire post!  Okay, so enough about me.

Summer is staying with my mom while I am gone to Nashville.  Clint is still out of town, so I will be going alone.  My sister was supposed to keep her Friday night, but she and her kids are sick, so my mom gets the pleasure of watching my baby for two whole days!!!  I hope she enjoys her as much as I do.

I do enjoy her nap times though because that is ME time.  Sometimes I think about taking a nap, but that is really the only time when I can get anything done without having an attachment to my hip...LOL. 

Today we are going to Baby Gym at 10:30, as usual.  Lili and Alicia are supposed to be there so it should be fun.  I put Summer down for her nap about 30 minutes ago so she should be rested by the time I have to wake her...hopefully!  Last week, she was tired at the end of the class because she did not get her nap out.  I hope she wakes up on her own around 10:00; that would be perfect. 

Last night we went to Alicia's house for a playdate with Lili and Katelyn.  They are both so cute.  It is fun to watch all the girls playing together and compare them to each other.  They are all unique in the their own way.  I think Lili will be the first one to walk even though she is the youngest.  She is the only one who stands up in the middle of the floor without any help.  We practiced for the diaper derby, that the girls are all entered in, while we were there.  We did it three times, and each time a different baby won.  Lili is the fastest...she crawls on her hands and feet -- no knees!  So, if she does not stand up during the contest, we think she will win.  However, she does stand up quite a bit so Summer could still pull it off.  It is exciting to think that they will all grow up together and have playdates and be friends just like their moms are. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did your test go? Was this for the jazzercise instuctor? Anyways, we all need to go to lunch soon. Both Summer and Lili are going to be grown before the next time I see them. I really want to come to the crawling contest, but I will have to root for all of the babies :) take care!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay- It went great!  I am now a certified Jazzercise instructor.  Thanks for asking.  I hope you do get to come to the crawling contest.  Did you get a "Coupon Carrier" in the mail?  If so, save it for a discount on admission.  

I want to encourage everyone to try Jazzercise out - even if you don't live in Chattanooga.  It is a lot of fun and helps get my day going almost every day.  We have about 33 different classes every week, and I will be teaching a few of them in the mornings in Hixson.  Jazzercise is a great way to stay healthy as the years go by...and did I mention it is fun?    

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, let me know if you are interested and I will go with you...to Jazzercise!