Sunday, August 6, 2006

Consignment Sale Shoppers

Summer turned 3 months old today.  We went and got her picture taken at Olan Mills.  They did a great job on her 2 month pics, so I went back...plus I had a coupon.  It was so hard to pic the pose I wanted because she took at least 10 different pictures.  I might get a few other poses when I go back to pick them up if I can get a good deal on them.  Before that we went to the JBF consignment sale for the 3rd time this week.  Today was the last day and almost everything was 1/2 off.  So I waited until today to get clothes for the winter.  Earlier this week I bought Summer some toys and a few movies.  She went with me all 3 times and Clint joined us the 2nd time.  The first time we went, we were there for 2 hours.  Summer was ready to go by the time I finally checked out.  She even took a nap for a little while during that trip and the one today.  After we went there and to get her picture taken, we went to the mall to shop for her sister some pants for school.  We did not find any, and all I ended up with with a tired left arm!!!  I left her stroller at home because my trunk was full of toys from my trips to the sale earlier this week. 

Last Sunday I put Summer in the Johnny jump up for the first time.  At first she cried, but after she realized she could stand up she looked like she enjoyed it.  She stayed in there while I showered and got ready.  She almost fell asleep in there and I had to check and make sure she wasn't choking herself on the side.  By the time I was finishing my make up, she was ready to get out.  So, now if she is up while I am showering, she is in the Johnny jump up.  Pretty soon I am going to try the walker, but I am trying to hold off a few weeks until we move since it is still in the box and will be easier to move this way.

She has been doing pretty good eating her fruit and cereal.  I think pears hurt her stomach, so I am not going to give her those for a while.  She really likes peaches.  I am going to try bananas again tomorrow.  That was the first fruit I gave her, but I haven't given her any since then.  I got a few plastic bibs at the consignment sale which are great because they don'tstain like the cloth bibs.  I guess I will just use the cloth bibs for catching drool which she is doing more and more every day.  I guess I better go put her clothes in the dryer before I go to bed.  Enjoy the pics!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to bring Sloan get professional pictures taken really soon. We took her to the mall last week for the first time. She looked at everything in amazement.  It was so much fun!
Summer looks like she enjoys the jumper very much! I am glad you are all doing well. Take care!