Friday, January 6, 2006

I'm Freaking Out...

Okay, so I went ahead and read next week's "My Pregnancy This Week" on BabyCenter.com (22 weeks...which I will be on Tuesday).  It really freaked me out.  It talked about those two dreaded words...STRETCH MARKS.  It says they can appear any time now since my stomach is really starting to grow.  So, now I am completely worried about them starting to appear.  It says that at least half of women get them...those are not good odds.  And, it says there is nothing you can do to prevent them...lotions won't prevent or eliminate them...so much for using my Palmer's Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks twice a day.  I'm not going to stop using it though...at least it will ease my mind a little even though after reading this I'm not even sure it will.  After I read this disturbing news, I told Clint to go get the olive oil and bring it to me.  My aunt told me she used it every morning and night and she only got one stretch mark...I guess she was in that lucky 50%.  Anyway, Clint wouldn't go get it for me, so I told him he better still love me if I get stretch marks.  Before I read this, I thought stretch marks wouldn't come until maybe the last month or so, but now I know they could be coming any day now.   At least I know my little girl will love me regardless of whether I get them or not...that is one comforting thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's true about stretch marks.  I have them mostly on my butt, and thights, but not even one on my belly.  THANK GOD!  It was my first pregnancy and I used the oil lotion and other kind of lotion to keep my dry skin smooth more than one times a day everyday, but I still got some marks anyway.  I was one of unlucky 50 percent.  Well just because I was thin, and being pregnant got me so much weight that fast and stretched my butt from small to big size.  HAHA.  Oh well, my daughter loves me no matter what and the marks I have shows how much I love her!  

The marks will become better after a year after you give a birth but u will always live with marks no matter if they are big or small or ugly.  Hehe, u will be OK!

So, feel free to check out my journal.  "Complicates Front of My Eyes"

:-)