Thursday, January 14, 2010

She's babysitting

First thing this morning, Summer brings her baby doll crib and a little rocking chair into the living room. When I ask her what she is doing, she says "babysitting." It was cute as are a lot of the things she does. Kids are always full of surprises that usually put smiles on our faces, aren't they?

Last night, she did not go to her class at church, so she had to go straight to bed when we got home (we did brush her teeth first). I guess she enjoyed my middle school class last week a little too much. Or, maybe she just can't stand to be away from me, even if it's just in the next room. Maybe one day we will cut that cord, but I do love that she loves to be with me. One day I'm sure that will change. She is enjoying her dad more than she has. Ever since his last scan, he has been playing with her more which is great. It gives me a break and also gives them a closer relationship. I was scared she was going to want to stay home with him instead of going to church last night since she didn't have any interest in seeing her church friends or attending her class. Thankfully, she did not mention it. We are not going to start that anyway. I remember as a teenager trying to get out of church. Those were the days of sleeping late which just don't happen for me anymore. Not that I would sleep late, but occasionally it would be nice to be in the bed until after 8:00 a.m. I guess I am spoiled not having to work. In another year and a half, I'll be getting her up to go to school and I hope she won't put up a big fuss. I'm not looking forward to those days....not too much anyway. What will I do with all that time to myself?

I guess I'm off to get our day started. We are going to visit Paw-Paw and Thomas. It should be fun. I just hope the cat doesn't run away from Summer. He is learning that she wants him in her arms at all times, and I'm not sure he is a fan of it. Maybe if she was just sitting, but nope she's got to carry him around and dance and stuff.

She just brought some friends in here to see me. I guess they are all ready for breakfast. :)

2 comments:

Susie said...

I just love what kids think up on what to do and say. They are so cute. Treasure every moment because they will grow up so fast.

Bridgett said...

Has your husband started his treatments yet?

Summer babysitting is so adorable. :)