Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Play dates, a clinic visit and a "night mare"

Summer had two play dates today. This morning we went up to visit my Buddy and her daughters. Summer and Willow played very well together. We walked in on them playing house in the bedroom. Summer was the mommy, Willow the daddy and they had a few puppies for their babies. :) We played games with the girls and Selena ended up being the prettiest princess of us all. LOL Then we did a snowman craft together. It was fun. Tonight, we had a play date with some other friends at the mall playground. Summer was so excited that she didn't eat dinner with us before. She was just ready to play. So, we had to stop at Taco Bell to get her a beefy 5 layer burrito on the way home (which she is now enjoying with an episode of Dragon Tales). Yesterday, we had Lexie and ended the day at Chuck E Cheese. So, there has been no lack of fun around here.

Summer's clinic visit went great although she cried when they accessed her port. She ended up making Lexie cry because of all of her tears. Before I knew it, my arms were full of two crying little girls. What a difference another kid makes!! Can you say jealous? Summer was all over my lap, especially knowing she had competition for it. All of Summer's numbers were great. We rescheduled her scans (CT and EKG/Echo) so she won't be getting scanned while her daddy is getting treatment 2 hours away. We will also get her monthly antibiotic that same day. We left the clinic with several crafts for Summer to do at home. She enjoyed making a "Enter with a happy heart" door hanger and Popsicle stick puppets very much. She's very crafty.

Tomorrow we may stay close to the house or make a trip to see Paw-Paw and Thomas. I guess we'll see how we feel in the morning. We have church tomorrow night and hopefully Summer will attend her entire class. Last week, she ended up in my middle school class after about 10 minutes. Sunday she made it through the whole Sunday school for the first time. Yay! Hopefully, it will be a routine thing for her now. Speaking of Sunday, on the way to church, she told me she had a night mare. When I asked her what it was about, she told me her daddy stuck her head in the toilet and flushed it. I guess that's what happens when you explain swirlies to a 3 year old. LOL I was really wanting to start her other classes this month, but I think I will wait until after Clint's treatment so I can take her to all of them. I hate to put it off on someone else, and I really don't want to miss out on the fun either. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AN INVITATION TO ALL PRAYER WARRIORS

The Prayer Warriors at Angel_Wings
are holding a Prayer Vigil on Tuesday,
January 19th, between 8-9 pm EST for
all the families on our Angel_Wings
Prayer Lists and our Angel families
of children, teens and adults who
have gained their angel wings.

Thank you for joining us!

Angel_Wings Prayer Warriors



AngelWingsRemembers

Bridgett said...

LOL...her nightmare sounds a bit...yucky. :)

But how much fun is she having? Wow!

When does clint start his treatments?

Unknown said...

We'll be glad to help however and whenever we can. Sidda adores Summer and I can't imagine everything you have to be doing to keep up right now. Please, reach out anytime if you can. :)

-Sophia from church