Friday, February 27, 2009

She's ready to learn to write...so she says

I'm not feeling too good today so I think I am gonna hang around the house with Summer again. We are going to make some strawberry cupcakes for a sleepover she is going to at Paw-Paw's house tonight. Her cousins are also going to be there. Tomorrow night they are having a slumber party at Memaw's house. It should be a fun filled weekend for her. I hope I am feeling better so I can enjoy the time away from her or maybe I'll just use it to rest.

Her pee is still discolored. Yesterday she did have yellow pee one time and she was happy to see it that color. But, not nearly as happy as me. :) Later in the day the murky color returned so I am just not sure what is up. She hasn't been complaining about her tummy that much anymore. She has developed a cough over the past few days, but nothing that is slowing her down. I guess at this point, I am going to wait for the 10th to come and then take her back to the doctor. I hope it will all go away by then, but we will just have to wait and see.

She is ready to learn to write her letters. I asked her the other day if she wanted to learn how to write and she answered, "Yes." She really amazes me and Clint with all the letters she knows. Today she was watching PBS (which I am a HUGE fan of) and the lady was pulling letters out of a box or something. She called them out before the lady did and Clint just looked at me with a surprised look. He said, "Do you know all your letters?" Summer replied, "Yes." So, I bought a tablet thing that has the letters on them and space to practice beside them. It is kind of like the lined paper I used in elementary school when I was learning to write only it is a dry erase board so you can reuse it over and over. I haven't decided when I am going to start, but maybe when I am feeling a little better because my patience has been thin these past few days with my feeling like crap and all. One minute I'm fine, but then I get a wave of tiredness and I get short with her. :( She wanted to start last night, but then she informed me she didn't need any help so I decided against it. She will most definitely need help and I just hope she realizes that. She is just so darn independent these days!!!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for her!

I do hope you're all feelin better soon.

Big hugs,
B