Monday, February 23, 2009

"My pee is my favorite color"

I just love the sound of the birds out on the lake! Summer is finishing up her nap and I am out soaking up some sun even though it is only in the 40's out here. :) It is so relaxing and peaceful here. Gives you time to slow down. I am hoping to make lots of fishing memories here this summer. I know Summer wants to in theory, but we will see if she really wants to when it comes time to sit and wait for the fish to take the bait. When the water comes up, I am gonna take her to pick out a fishing pole. I can't wait!

After her nap, Summer and I might just take a dip in the hot tub. I've got it all warmed up and I think she would enjoy it since she didn't get to the last time we were here. I made sure not to cut it up too much so she will not get too hot. I know it is not healthy for small children to get overheated. In the summer, I cut the heat all the way off and try to use it like a pool although the water is still warm.

Summer has had a minor (I hope) health incident. She has blood in her pee and it really freaked me out the first time I saw it. She is excited though because now her pee is her "favorite color." The dr. wants to see her again in two weeks to see if it has cleared up on its own. If not, they will do more tests. It's crazy and scary, but I'm gonna just lay it all in God's hands. We have been so lucky to have such a healthy girl so far. I'm hoping this is just some sort of infection (even though the tests came back negative). Anyways, like I said, there is no use in worrying about it.

My job is to be there for her and love her, and that is what I am doing. I am hoping to finish up the Smurfs with her later today. I think one time through the DVD will be enough for me. :) I am also gonna try to take her for a walk before it gets too cold and dark. Maybe she will wake up soon and be ready to have some fun with me. She is such a joy and I am so thankful I have her in my life to constantly remind me that I need to be loving and kind. She will learn from me and I need to be a good example. Here's hoping I'm succeeding at that!

3 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Aww I really hope they can figure out what's going on and it's nothing serious!

lmt1073 said...

I hope nothing is seriously wrong with her. Surprised her tests came back negative. Addy has been having issues with her antibiotics and we are trying our third kind. Sadly she will have to be on them for the first year of her life.

Bridgett said...

Please keep us updated about Summer.

Too cute that she said her pee was her favorite color. :)

XOXO