Monday, May 14, 2007

She's Walking!!!!!!!!

Summer has really started walking over the past few days.  It is amazing how now she can walk all the way across the room without falling.  That is not to say that she does not still fall.  She does.  But, she is getting more and more confident in her abilities.  She's really turning into that little girl I was talking about last week. 

Today we  put water into the little pool we bought her for her birthday.  After her nap and walk around the neighborhood, she was ready to take dip in the water.   First, Clint put her feet in the water and  she was not really into that.  Then he put her down beside the pool and she started putting her hands in the water and splashing.  She was trying to drink the water off of her hands.  Adorable, as usual.  So, Clint took her clothes off and let her climb in the pool on her own.  I did video tape it since it is her first pool and the first time she has been in the pool this spring.  She was charming. 

Now, I just need to figure out how to get the video to a DVD.  That would really be awesome because I have several tapes of her already and they need to be transferred before the video camera breaks....yes that has happened to me.  I am pretty good at using a camera until it gives up/dies on me.  I take A LOT of pictures now that I have Summer.  She is not a very good model as far as posing goes.  I will have to work on that.  When I was a little girl, my aunt taught me how to pose for the camera.  Of course, I have forgotten all that.  I do have the pictures where she captured me as I grew into a little girl which are priceless.  It is amazing how much a little snapshot can mean years down the road.

Back to Summer.....yes, she is walking and talking too.  She can say "Thank You" now.  I am working on please, but she has not said it yet.  She does say more and more words every day.  I am still the nameless wonder who is there for almost every moment of her life, yet she refuses to say my name....hmmmm.  I try not to focus on that.  Chances are though that she would say your name...that's the game she plays. 

We had a good Mother's Day.  We got up and did her usual morning bottle ( I know I gotta quit soon) in the chair in the living room.  Then we played until it was time for her nap.  After the nap, we went to my mom's house for spaghetti.  It was good.  I took the ice cream cake left over from Amanda's birthday and we also had brownies that my nephew made--YUMMY!!!  Oh yeah, and tea...sweet tea.  This is a must when I go to my mom's.  After we played in the yard for a while and Summer got a short nap, we went over to my sister's house and then to my Granny and Pepaw's house.  It was a fun filled day...not stressful at all.  After making all our visits, we went back to the condo for a nice evening together.  Clint got me a card and some tulips.  They are really pretty.  I am not sure how they are still blooming since the ones I have outside our gate are long gone, but I am not complaining.  They look good on my deck at the condo. 

Well, I need to go get ready for the evening.  Clint is off of work, so we are all going to go out for dinner.

No comments: