Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's My Birthday!

Well, today is my 29th birthday.  Clint and I went to dinner and a movie last night and then stayed at the condo.  He got up this morning and went to work.  So, I decided to go to Panera and get myself an IC Mocha and catch up on email since my mom has Summer.  I am having a pretty relalxing day so far.  Both of my parents and inlaws have called and sang "Happy Birthday" to me already.  It was really nice of them to think of me and help start my day off right. 

After I leave here, I am going to make a stop by Wal-Mart--my 7th or 8th trip this week!!! (at least...I lost track)  I don't know what it is about that place, but I guess you could say I'm drawn to it.  I guess it is the convenience of "one stop" shopping.  So far everything I have bought for the condo, excluding the refridgerator, has come from Wal-Mart.  It is coming along pretty nice if I say so myself.  The walls are still bare, but I have lamps, pillows, blankets and such.   

I am anxious to see my little girl too!  It is nice to have some time away from her, but it is also nice to be around her.  Thursday Clint watched her for me while I went to workout.  So, I decided to make a trip to Wal-Mart after the workout since I was alone.  It is nice not to have to rush through the store like I do when Summer is with me.  Then that night I had to go to school, so he watched her again for a few hours.  She was not a happy camper that evening according to Clint.  He had to hold her while he was working (because she was crying...I guess she missed me) and she fell asleep on his lap.  It is nice to have him to watch her for me more now.  She is more fun to play with now, so Clint is really enjoying her more.  

Last night I called my mom to check on the baby around 6:30 and she hadn't eaten since she I fed her at 1:30.  Mom said she wouldn't take a bottle or eat any food.  I guess she was too busy having fun with Memaw and Nanny to take time out to eat.  My mom called me back around 7:30 and said Summer had finally taken her bottle with cereal in it and was asleep.  So, that eased my mind and I was able to enjoy the rest of the evening.  I called this morning to check on her and they said she slept for 14 hours without getting up!  They must have really worn her out.  I know she has a good time with them and that makes me soooo happy. 

Well, I guess that is about it for now.  I forgot to take pics of the condo, so I will try to make it a point to do it sometime this week if I go back down there.  Anyways, I'm off to Wal-Mart for the 800th time this week.......

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its nice to know someone else is as addicted to wal-mart as i am. almost everything in our apartment came from there. lol
--stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hey happy birthday! Who knew our birthdays were so close together? I hope you had a great day! I am also addicted to Wal-Mart! It is kind of ridiculous! Ha!