Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday night fun

It has been a fabulous family day for us. This morning Summer had her Playgym class. Afterwards, we all went to the sushi restaurant down the street. Then family nap time. We took a bike ride this evening and played on the playground.
This is her favorite part of the playground. She needs no help spinning herself round and round. However, she still has not learned to pump her legs on the swing.
Summer was adorable, if I do say so myself, throwing the football in her princess dress. She put it on over her clothes and made sure not to forget her high heels. I'm just lucky they weren't her princess shoes. I actually vetoed them and told her to put on tennis shoes, but we came to a compromise on her pink dress shoes. She did really good catching the balls that her daddy & I threw her. Plus, she had fun as you can see from the next few pics.


After the playground, she wanted ice cream. So, I caved and stopped at Cold Stone to get her a kid's creation: cake batter & reese's cups. She ate it all except for the one bite she gave me. While we were there, we were having a talk about playing sports and practicing. I told her that being the best wasn't important. I wasn't the greatest at any sport I ever played, but I had fun and that was what was important. She said, "This is what is important. Just staying with your kid and snuggle and love them." Then my heart melted. It was one of those priceless moments to me.
On our way home we decided to stop for dinner. Backwards, I know. :) After dinner, she played in the fountains in front of the aquarium. She had a blast getting soaking wet. Now, she is having herself a nice bubble bath before we play some Hungry, Hungry Hippos. I hope to follow that with some reading. She got several new books for her birthday. Plus, we have some from the library we need to get to reading. Then probably snuggle time in my bed or on the couch. What a way to start the weekend!

4 comments:

Susie said...

It is so good to see that she is smiling and enjoying life.

Summer said...

Awwww that princess dress and crown is just to stinkin' adorable for words and girl I am lovin her with the football LOL! Looks like my Kelcee all dressed up with her dresses, dress shoes, necklaces and then a T-Rex dinosaur LOL....

Love seeing the pics of Summer having so much fun and I am glad she is doing so well! God is Good! That is awesome what she said to you at Cold Stone! Her Ice Cream sure sounds yummy now I want one LOL....

Sounds like a great way to kick off the weekend!

xoxo
Summer :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful Princess Summer- love the pictures and I am so happy that you had a great time! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless

Debbie/Angel_Wings

Kristi said...

Cake batter ice cream with Reese's sounds really good right now! Yum!

I love her comment about what is really important. Little lady has her priorities right on!

The pictures in her princess dress are adorable!