Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flying colors!!!

Summer had her physical therapy appointment yesterday. The lady didn't really see a big problem that can't be fixed with a few exercises at home. So, we opted not to go for a 6 week session with her. Who wants to go to the doctor when you can be home? Or at the pool? Swimming is one of the activities she recommended to help strengthen Summer's legs and overall body. So, lessons it is I guess. There doesn't seem to be a lot of problems in her legs due to the vincristine (Praise God!), but maybe just a lack of overall endurance due to spending much of 8 months laying around. That was great news to me, and I was so relieved to have just been a little bit of a worry wart. However, I have noticed myself stumbling a lot more since the visit yesterday and am wondering if I may need some physical therapy myself. LOL

Her first dental appointment went well today. We got lucky to get a friend of a friend as Summer's dental technician. So, there was a connection to start with. Her son also plays t-ball against Summer sometimes. Summer was pretty apprehensive about the whole appointment, and I am thankful that it turned out the way it did. The dentist said her teeth look great. He was not at all worried about the gap in her front teeth and says that is good for when her other teeth come in. I told him I thought it might have been due to her thumb sucking (which she STILL does), but he said she probably just had a lot of space to start with.

Yesterday, Summer was a big talker. Josh was with us for a few hours, and she talked his ears off. I know he was wishing he was in the front seat instead of me, but he did a good job grinning and bearing it throughout the time he was with us. It was neat to see how she engaged him and wanted to show him all of her "cool toys." Like, how cool is it really going to be to a 24 year old? It made me smile to see her trying to entertain him and be his buddy. I know she is probably hoping to do the same thing to her big sister today when she drops off Lexie, but I doubt she'll have as much time. That's okay though because Paw-Paw will be here shortly and I'm sure she will be wrapped up in playing with him.

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

The pool will be great for physical therapy on your own. She'll be playing so much this summer that she'll probably catch up on her own.

Hey! you won the Bucky Balls giveaway on my blog! Please send me your mailing address so that I can forward it on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Summer- have a great long weekend!! :o)

God bless


Debbie/Angel_Wings