Saturday, May 23, 2009

Where is the sunshine?

Well, my sunshine is in her room probably playing with one of her two new toys she got with her birthday money. Yes, I let her spend it. What is the point in saving it anyway? I know she does already have a million toys, so what is a million and two going to hurt? We went to Wal-Mart yesterday to let her pick out $25 worth of toys. I must say, money does not go as far as it used to. But, she did end up with a cash register which I know she will love. They have one at the clinic, but it doesn't work. Now, she has her own and it even adds so maybe she will learn something from this toy. The second makes me slightly nauseous because who wants there three year old playing with Barbies, but I let her get it anyway. I remember playing with Barbies as a child, but I think I was older than her. I can't remember much, but we did have the Barbie pool which was fun. Summer picked out a bathroom furniture and accessory set for her Barbies. Of course, they didn't have the pool. Thank God! That just makes me think of two words -wet and messy. As a kid, it would be fun, but as a mom I tend to think a little more practical. BTW - the bathtub will never see water unless it is actually in the tub with Summer. :)

She woke me this morning a little before seven informing me that it was time to get up. "You wanna see?' she said. The sun was up, so that means we can get up. LOL I was already in my bed wondering when she was going to get up because she did not wake me to pee all night. So, of course I was in my bed worrying that she might have peed in the bed....or died in her sleep. Crazy the things that cross a mother's mind when something that usually happens does not.

We headed to the couch to check out the selection of cartoons we had this morning (we only have cable, none of that fancy satellite stuff for us). Let me just tell you, I was VERY disappointed. The local channels did not have any cartoons. One had a child soap opera (that's what I call them anyway because they are just a bunch of kid drama). The other's I'm not sure, but not cartoons. As a child, all we had was 3, 9 & 12 so Summer would have been SOL if those were the only channels we still had. I did find a few cartoons, but none of them would I call good. "Between the Lions" is what she picked which is the best of what there was.

Summer is not feeling very well right now so I am going to go hold her for a while. She has been doing great overall and I am sooooo thankful she has done this well so far. We were supposed to go to the pool this weekend, but it looks like rain. I'm sure it will still include lots of time with extended family. YAY!!!!

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!!!

XOXO

Stephanie said...

I hope she enjoys her new toys! Such a sweet girl deserves them :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Stephy said...

That's about the age Maddy decided Barbies were great LOL.
Hope she starts feeling better.

Stephy

Tiffany said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Haha... Summer and Camryn have a couple Barbies, but only fairy and princess ones... no hoochie mama Barbies or Bratz dolls for them.

I hope you all had a great weekend and Summer is feeling great.