Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shots, shots go away!!!

Summer is not happy to be back on the shots. The first night she was back on them, I was going to give it to her myself because Clint wasn't going to be home before she went to sleep...or so I thought. She REALLY did NOT want me to give her the shot. She says things like, "I'm not going to let you." Then she scrunches up into a ball to hide her legs. It is so, so sad. So, I ended up reading her books for about an hour until he got home. Then she still wasn't ready. :( Yesterday my aunts and Granny got to see us give Summer her shot. She, again, was not happy about it. She had decided that Memaw would help Daddy when they got to her house, but ended up letting me help Daddy. My family was teary eyed after the ordeal was over and of course so was Summer. But, a few minutes later she was fine snuggled up in my arms while we played dominos. Memaw came to pick her up a little while later and she was off to her happy place. LOL Today they are going to bring the shot I sent with them to church so I can give it to her there since Summer will be staying another night with them. Oh how lucky I am.....

I love, love, love holidays, especially when they are spent with friends and family. This weekend is packed full plans and I love it! I can't wait to see what the day brings. Oh yeah, except for that darn shot.

6 comments:

Bridgett said...

Shots are definitely no fun for anybody.

But she's such a little trooper, even if she does cry.

Enjoy your weekend!

XXOO

Susie said...

I can't stand when little ones have to get shots. I know they have to but it breaks my heart.

Stephy said...

Aww poor baby!
At least she gets over it quickly though right?
Stephy

Molly said...

We don't have a major problem with the shot. Not that he likes it and not that he doesn't whine when he sees it, but it's in and done. His latest BP medication, however, is 5 mL 3 times a day and while it is pleasant enough that he doesn't puke it up (at least not yet), he screams bloody murder and I have to give it gradually (lest it be spat) so it is slow torture.

But we definitely feel your pain. Not hers, because we're not the ones getting the shot. But yours for sure. It sucks to be a mommy who has to do things like give shots and icky meds. Good thing we also get to give extra hugs and we get to tell our kids how good and brave they are.

Stephanie said...

Bless her heart....can't wait for those shots to be over. I know you can't either :)

Tiffany said...

I'm sure those shots are no fun for the giver or the receiver. :( Poor Summer!