Monday, December 1, 2008

The first day of Christmas

I'm not sure if I had mentioned this before, but I am doing the 12 days of Christmas with Summer again this year. Of course, I've already messed up. It wasn't supposed to start until December 13, and I started today! Summer opened her first official Christmas present this morning. It was a puzzle (which she loved). She has been doing her puzzles a lot lately and I am glad I had gotten some puzzles for her because I really think it is time for some new ones. The one she got today is actually her first puzzle that has "real" puzzle pieces. You know, the cardboard kind. Not the thick or wooden ones or the plastic kind either, but the grown-up kind. She did a pretty good job of putting the puzzle together without much help from me. I did help her to look at the pieces a little bit when she was just trying to fit them into each other. Anyway, I would say the first present was a success. It will take her a few days to master, but I am sure she will do it. She is so smart!

Now I've got to figure out how to spread out the rest of these gifts....I thought about a system where we keep track of whining and if she does it too much, no gift???? Not sure we could keep up with that though. LOL. I'd be carrying around that chart everywhere! She might not get any more gifts. :) She really isn't that bad, but at times it does grate at my nerves slightly. I'm so thankful she still takes naps everyday! Without them, the whining might last all day!!! Yikes!

No comments: