Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where has this month gone?

Time is flying by as usual.  Summer is growing like a weed.  She is using the potty like a big girl - ALL BY HERSELF!!!  Even #2!!!  Not sure how good she wipes yet, but she tries and that is what counts.  She only wears diapers to bed now so that is awesome!  She doesn't even want to wear them then, but her diaper is always at least a little wet when she gets up in the morning so I don't let her.  She still loves Barney and her thumb.  I have just started calling her Thumbelina today.  I hope it will discourage her, but it might just end up making her want to do it more.  Not that she could want to do it more b/c (like I said earlier) SHE LOVES HER THUMB!  She also twirls her hair while she sucks her thumb while she watches Barney.  She does it all the time really and I don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.  I can't decide if I should strongly discourage it or just let it go.  I've got to decide which battles are worth picking and I am just not sure about this one.  Manners, on the other hand, aren't an option.  I am strongly for them and she does an awesome job us them.  She makes me so proud when we are out.  Most of the time anyway.  She does still have an occasional melt down, but I can't remember the last one so that is good. 

Life is so good right now.  My family is healthy and happy.  I get to spend everyday with my little girl and husband.  I've also started going to the gym almost everyday which I enjoy.  It is a time truly for me to focus on me and no one else which hasn't happened in a long time.  Once you have a husband and child, you really give up a lot of yourself and almost all of your freedom.  (They don't tell you that beforehand for some reason...LOL).  I think I am doing a pretty good job as a wife and mother.  As long as everyone in the house is happy, I'd say I'm doing great!  But, of course, everyday can't be great.  The upside that is, they can't all be bad either.  Enough of my philosophy.

We have had lots of fun this summer.  We've been hitting the playgrounds and parks.  Today we went to the zoo with my sister and her kids.  Then they went to the riverboat while Summer napped.  They just got back so I gotta go!

No comments: